Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Things we cook on the Griddle.  (Read 10801 times)

GREG-B

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Washougal WA
Re: Things we cook on the Griddle.
« Reply #135 on: October 03, 2023, 09:45:39 PM »

Anybody here familiar with the Blackstone 4 burner griddle?  Finally got one the other day.  Opted for the 60,000 BTU one opposed to the 36,000 BTU.  Finished assembling it this morning.  Yay.  Cranked it up to high like the instructions said and seasoned it 3 times.  It had been on about 1/2 hour on high and I had good flames in all 4 burners, (they were glowing red on top of the heating elements) I thought I would experiment with an egg to see how it functioned.  Either it needed more time to heat soak or 60,000 BTU's  isn't gonna cut it.  The egg took entirely too long to cook.  I'll try burgers next and preheat an hour and see how they fair when we return from the coast this weekend. 
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy.

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
« Reply #136 on: October 04, 2023, 07:25:55 AM »

Anybody here familiar with the Blackstone 4 burner griddle?  Finally got one the other day.  Opted for the 60,000 BTU one opposed to the 36,000 BTU.  Finished assembling it this morning.  Yay.  Cranked it up to high like the instructions said and seasoned it 3 times.  It had been on about 1/2 hour on high and I had good flames in all 4 burners, (they were glowing red on top of the heating elements) I thought I would experiment with an egg to see how it functioned.  Either it needed more time to heat soak or 60,000 BTU's  isn't gonna cut it.  The egg took entirely too long to cook.  I'll try burgers next and preheat an hour and see how they fair when we return from the coast this weekend.

That doesn't sound right. I have a 3 burner 28 and I will turn it on and get my stuff brought out and I am ready to cook normally. I never timed it but I would say on high I give mine 10 minutes maybe before I start cooking, except for bacon I put it on as soon as I fire it up.

How fast did it heat up when you did your seasoning?

rfinley

• Using less gas.
« Reply #137 on: October 04, 2023, 08:04:27 AM »

How to Reset Your Propane Tank OPD Valve Low Gas Flow Fix

This has got me a couple times with our Blackstone 4 burner griddle. Quick search will give you a bunch of videos on how to reset it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-1kLrLis9U

slaga

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #138 on: October 04, 2023, 12:03:26 PM »

On my 36", 4-burner Blackstone griddle, it takes about 10 - 15 minutes with all 4 burners on low to reach 350 to 400 degrees. I have not cooked eggs yet though. Cheese steaks and smash burgers are my favorite so far. Hash browns were great as well.
HTTR 2018 Pitboss Copperhead 5 2011 Yoder YS640 w/ Savannah Stoker Controller V4 2010 BBQ07E w/ Savannah Stoker V1 - SOLD

elenis

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #139 on: October 04, 2023, 12:10:07 PM »

I have the 4 burner Blackstone and normally have to cook most stuff on low depending on ambient temperature or it cooks so fast outside wise I can't cook things through. One thing I did though is we have crazy wind here most of the time and with that wind and winter it felt slow to heat up so I got wind guards to go on it. Those also keep heat in which is why I have to cook on low most of the time. If I have it on medium for 5-10 minutes the oil on the blackstone is smoking it is so hot.
Mak 2 Star General #1799

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #140 on: October 04, 2023, 08:54:12 PM »

Wind?
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Hank D Thoreau

• Civil but disobedient
« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2023, 01:00:15 AM »

I have the 4 burner Blackstone and normally have to cook most stuff on low depending on ambient temperature or it cooks so fast outside wise I can't cook things through. One thing I did though is we have crazy wind here most of the time and with that wind and winter it felt slow to heat up so I got wind guards to go on it. Those also keep heat in which is why I have to cook on low most of the time. If I have it on medium for 5-10 minutes the oil on the blackstone is smoking it is so hot.

I live in a warm weather climate and cook mostly on high on my Blackstone.

I was trying to cook scrambled eggs on a Coleman stove in the Alabama Hills below Mt Whitney. It was so cold that I could hardly get the eggs to cook. Later in the day, I was able to cook dinner just fine.

The wind can really suck the energy out of a stove.

GREG-B

• Washougal WA
« Reply #142 on: October 05, 2023, 12:04:33 PM »

No wind, had it set up in the barn. When i get home, I’ll try “resetting” like rfinley said. I’ve got a 60,000 btu turkey cooking burner that the neighbors in the next block could hear. This thing was very quiet so the safety valve is a likely culprit. Will post more when I get home. Thanks.

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #143 on: October 05, 2023, 02:44:09 PM »

No wind, had it set up in the barn. When i get home, I’ll try “resetting” like rfinley said. I’ve got a 60,000 btu turkey cooking burner that the neighbors in the next block could hear. This thing was very quiet so the safety valve is a likely culprit. Will post more when I get home. Thanks.

Difference in burners between your BS and the fryer. the fryer is a high pressure burner the BS is lower and has 4 burners.

You said the burners were red so it would make me think the regulator wasn't tripped. But one never knows.

You had blue flame and not yellow and orange?

Do you have one of the IR heat guns to measure surface temps?

GREG-B

• Washougal WA
« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2023, 09:05:05 PM »

Just got home and finished unpacking and a few other chores.  Went out and hooked up tank and carefully opened valve on the tank.  Hit the ignitor and adjusted the flame to low, then high.  It's working fine now so, must have fumbled the ball when I turned everything on before.  All is good, guess I'll keep it now.  No I don't have an infrared thermometer, guess it would be something to consider in the near future.  Thanks for all the information guys. 

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2023, 10:07:50 PM »

Tonight was chicken fritters.

Diced up chicken breast  add in  1 or 2 eggs depending on how much chicken you have, some flour 1/4 cup or so, some mayo, some shredded cheese, some fine diced onion, salt, pepper, some dried dill (not to much it will over power). I will usually add in some fresh garlic but mine was not any good, so it was granulated garlic. Use some almond or coconut flour if you want to leave out the carbs and it to be more keto friendly.

I like to mix it up and put in the fridge for a couple hours before scooping out and spreading it on the griddle to fry. Made a chipotle mayo to dip in, the same thing we use on our quesadillas.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #146 on: November 10, 2023, 07:43:44 PM »

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up