Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Things we cook on the Griddle.  (Read 10803 times)

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
Re: Things we cook on the Griddle.
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2022, 09:06:18 PM »

I am not sure I have ever had Mongolian BBQ. I may have to search for some insight on that.
We do sprouts and asparagus also.

Mongolian BBQ is normally cooked on a grill similar to the one in the link below.
http://www.allstrong.com/11-mongolian-bbq-grills.html

Typically you get a plate and choose all your vegetables and protein from a cold line.  Then you give it to the chef who will normally ask how hot you want your food and then cook everything for you and serve it with rice.

Good stuff if you have a good chef.

I have seen those types of griddles at a few places. Never went over and tried it though. I always told the GF I needed one of them. She tells me NO!!.

Hank D Thoreau

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Civil but disobedient
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2022, 09:23:54 PM »

I have seen those types of griddles at a few places. Never went over and tried it though. I always told the GF I needed one of them. She tells me NO!!.

My wife was skeptical until she saw what I could do with it. Now she is all in.

I used to use my smoker about 4 days a week year around. Now I use the griddle the most.

I do most cooking out doors since we have three households that use our kitchen. I found it easier to let the others use it.

As such, my grills get a lot of use. And since we are in Southern California there is not grilling downtime.
[/quote]

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2022, 11:11:53 AM »

One thing about Mongolian BBQ, hard to overeat.
You can fill your plate heaping to the overflowing point, and after it's cooked you only have about a 1/3 of a plate.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Hank D Thoreau

• Civil but disobedient
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2022, 01:01:06 PM »

One thing about Mongolian BBQ, hard to overeat.
You can fill your plate heaping to the overflowing point, and after it's cooked you only have about a 1/3 of a plate.

That's why you have to learn the art of piling up the bowl. It's like when we used to have those self server soft serve ice cream machines. There was a trick to making the biggest cone.

GREG-B

• Washougal WA
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2022, 03:46:46 PM »

Or I take 2 plates through with me.  Usually wind up with a whole plate after cooking. :rotf:
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy.

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2022, 08:36:40 AM »

The GF loves these things.

We hit up a food truck one time and she bought one. We still hit up that truck when we find it is close to where we are going to be. He is a low budget operation but makes some very good quesadillas. So I started making them for her at home. Very quick and easy.

Clonesmoker

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2022, 10:13:46 AM »

I have the Blackstone Tailgating Grill/flattop combo. Biggest problem with the flattop was getting it hot enough. I was able to rivet in a piece of sheet metal between the grill burner and the flattop burner and it made a big difference. Even now if it is windy out it stays hot!  Really nice and compact to take tailgating as we go to all the home Iowa State Football games. Big piece of skirt steak that was marinated ahead of time for fajitas.

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2022, 07:31:07 PM »

Part of last nights meal. Pork chops and first time doing canned biscuits, had my temp to high, next time I may brown both side and put on a rack under a dome to finish. Chops are sad looking, I cut them from one of the loins I picked up at Sams. Had buttered noodles and corn with it. The GF's sister and kids came over.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2022, 10:51:23 PM »

I made this Fried Bologna sub yester on the Lodge griddle.  Freezer burnt bread is not a sandwich enhancer.

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2022, 07:54:18 AM »

I have not had fried bologna in a long time. Now I need to go get some and make. I used to love it with eggs and toast for breakfast. Usually the garlic bologna is what I would get.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2022, 10:16:32 AM »

I have not had fried bologna in a long time. Now I need to go get some and make. I used to love it with eggs and toast for breakfast. Usually the garlic bologna is what I would get.

Ditto. Been decades since I've had bologna fried or not.  That does look good though.
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2022, 12:08:49 PM »

i grew up on bologna sandwiches and have not had it since.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2022, 12:15:13 PM »

As an added note, parents didn't have a lot of money, bologna sandwiches was about the best lunch they could provide us for school.

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2022, 12:34:45 PM »

As an added note, parents didn't have a lot of money, bologna sandwiches was about the best lunch they could provide us for school.

Kind of in the same league. But Man loved bologna, hot dogs, what we call chipped ham here. He would eat a hot dog  over a nice steak any and every day.

elenis

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2022, 08:09:02 AM »

Kind of in the same league. But Man loved bologna, hot dogs, what we call chipped ham here. He would eat a hot dog  over a nice steak any and every day.

They still sell the chip chop ham. The reason they call it that is because it is such poor quality it has to be cut so thin you can't even get slices out of it or otherwise you end up struggling to eat it because of all the cartilage chunks in it, but it is amazing how good it is when it is chipped and stacked high. 
Mak 2 Star General #1799
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up