Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Memphis

Memphis Beale

(1/31) > >>

okie smokie:
Has anyone bought or used one of the China built Beale Street pits yet.  I watched a demo on YouTube. Was very impressed. Exterior is 430 SS. and most of internal parts I am told are 304. I have no problem with that, as my RT590 exterior is 430, and no problems. I love my 590 and 380, but need both to do what I like to do.  The Memphis would replace both of them.

Input?
 /Users/hlgaspar_1/Desktop/Memphis Beale Street Pellet Grill - First Look and Cook - YouTube.webloc

02ebz06:
Don't have one, but  I like that the controller is in the unit.

I'm not a fan of most Chinese made stuff.
My Memphis Elite was DOA.
Replaced controller first, but that wasn't it.  Was a bad RTD.
When I had the controller open I noticed the a large capacitor was wired backward.
The skimped on the metal in places.
If you saw my thread about it, the pellet ramp had a gap in it and pellets would have to jump it to the burn pot.
Pellets would end up in the ash tray so I had an SS part made that works great. 
WIFI is flaky at times.

Never had a problem with my previous USA made Memphis Grills (Pro and Elite).

okie smokie:
There is no comment on what type of SS is used for the interior parts, i.e. grates, fire pot, etc,  I would like to think that they were of 304, as it tolerates flame exposure better than the ferrous types.   Or am I naive? Did you magnet test them?
I am fairly happy with my RT, 590 and 380 but it would be nice to have all that ability in one unit, and in SS. I like the open flame, and symmetry of the interior. Also, the closed storage below and on both wings is also a plus. Also, the warranty appears exceptional as well.   

02ebz06:
I've never seen a need for the open flame myself.  Maybe if I wanted to roast marshmallows. Haha
Oven goes to 700F and you can get nice sear marks on a steak anywhere north of 500F.

Canadian John:

My  :2cents: Re the direct flame insert in my Memphis Pro.  Firstly I don't use it much.  That said, I find the touch of fire does the best job of cooking bacon wrapped  turkey medallions: the flame, fire and

sizzling goodness are tops... If doing steaks for the two of us, I use a kamado. Baked potatoes done on the same cook. I can direct cook everything on the same pit with less effort.  If done direct flame method

on the  Memphis , it would be one steak, move to the side & on to the next one.

If flavour is your goal, the touch of fire may be tour ticket.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View