Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > recteq

RT-1250 on the way

(1/3) > >>

ScottE:
I decided it was time for an upgrade. After picking the RT-590 as the perfect pit for me, I ordered an RT-1250.  :)

I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks if it was a good decision, but I'm sure I won't be disappointed. I'm done fighting with my cheap Camp Chef, and unfortunately the Savannah Stoker controller didn't improve things. Looking forward to trying out the Rec Teq!

02ebz06:
Congrats on the new grill!!!   :cool:
Show us some pictures when you get it.
I put a Savannah Stoker on my CampChef vertical smoker and it helped with the what the RTD says temp is and what the temp was at the grate.

Canadian John:

Cooking should be a pleasurable experience. The RT should get you there.

ScottE:
Thanks for the comments. I agree that cooking on pellets should be fun, and I don't think I'll be disappointed in the upgrade. The pit arrived yesterday. This thing is beastly.

So far, I only had time to do the bake in - first cook tonight. I really like the 3 RPM auger upgrade, even on a windy, lightly raining day it got up to 400 very quickly. Even when running the auger at 100%, the Camp Chef struggled to get there. I have a gas grill for anything above 400, but do have cooks where I prefer the pellet grill around 400, so being able to actually get there in a reasonable time is great.

A couple thoughts on why I chose the RT-1250 over the RT-590 I originally intended - mostly, it was the upgrades in the RT-1250 over the RT-700 that pushed me that way. I knew I was going to want a front shelf, included on the RT-1250, and then the 3 RPM auger and cast deflector are great upgrades. One thing I didn't like about the RT-590 is the rear slot vents versus a chimney stack - a previous Louisiana Grills/Country Smoker had rear slots and I didn't like the arrangement at all. The extra rack in the RT-1250 is nice, but I won't be using it too much, because I won't need to.

BTW, I don't think it's officially announced yet, but a new model of the RT-590 called the RT-1070 is coming. From what I understand, it gives the RT-590 the same upgrades as the RT-1250 over the RT-700 - so could be a really great choice.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

02ebz06:
Very nice!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View