Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > recteq

RT-1250 on the way

<< < (2/3) > >>

Canadian John:

Off to a good start I see.  Enjoy the heck out of it ScottE.

BigDave83:
Now to keep it all shiny and new looking. Hope to see some great things made  in it.

ScottE:

--- Quote from: BigDave83 on March 30, 2022, 12:39:54 PM ---Now to keep it all shiny and new looking. Hope to see some great things made  in it.

--- End quote ---

Uh oh! Too late on keeping it looking shiny and new! That is a downside to stainless steel. Anyway, I got the first cook under my belt last night.

I'll post a pic and more details later, but I'm very very impressed with the recteq so far. I'm calling this my first grown up pellet grill.

MP09:
Lookin Good!

ScottE:
For the first cook I just did basic chicken thighs - 275 for an hour, then 450 until 165 internal. We don't eat the skin (I know, that's the best part!), so I didn't crisp them at searing temperature. They turned out great.

Dislikes of the RT-1250: I'm not a huge fan of the single piece rack. I understand it for the top rack, but the bottom rack is huge! It will be hard to wash this in the kitchen sink. That's my only dislike so far.

I am extremely impressed at how quickly this thing starts, gets to temp, then drops in temp on temperature adjustments. I haven't yet verified temps with an independent thermometer, but below is a graph from the app.

It's nice once again having a pellet grill that I can just turn on and cook. With the Camp Chef and Savannah Stoker it would take me about an hour to get the thing stable enough to cook on, which wasn't fun. Now it's fun again. Yay!

I'm using the same mix of Lumberjack and Pit Boss pellets that I've been using in the Camp Chef - I now know for sure that my Camp Chef issues were not the pellets, because they've been working fine in the RecTeq. I did get 240# of RecTeq brand with my order, but I'll burn up what I have first.

That's about it. All in all, an excellent experience, as it should be. Maybe I'll get around to posting up some of my favorite recipes here. Pork Tenderloin is dinner tonight.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View