Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by reubenray on 25 Mar 2022
  • Today at my Sam's Club in Bentonville, AR there was no meat in the prime butcher section.  Plus the big signs advertising the cost of meat were gone and they had limits on chicken.
  • #2 by pmillen on 25 Mar 2022
  • On a similar note, there may soon be a scarcity of chickens at some Costco stores.  A chicken slaughtering plant in Fremont, Nebraska processes chickens exclusively for Costco.  Two nearby chicken-raising facilities have destroyed thousands of chickens because of bird flu.
  • #3 by Bentley on 25 Mar 2022
  • Both make sense, more folks eating at higher end steakhouses serving Prime, reducing the supply.  And the same type of scenario with the birds, but a illness causing it. For full disclosure, I got a D- in economics in College!
  • #4 by Darwin on 25 Mar 2022
  • Sam’s in the west valley is often out of roast chicken.  I just get shrugs when I ask why.
  • #5 by BigDave83 on 26 Mar 2022
  • Took a trip to Greensburg PA today. Maybe 35-40 minutes, Stopped at Gordons for a couple bags of flour and a couple other things. Then hit Sams. You would think  they were giving stuff away with all of the people in there.

Most everything seemed as usual. There was plenty of different meats. At least 30 rotisserie chickens in the hot case. Only 2 things we could not find. Kleenex and Kraft Parm cheese. I ask someone working there about where i would find the cheese he said it is to be in tomorrow, but it was also to be here on the 8th.

Meat prices were pretty much the norm. Brisket choice were $3.98 prime $4.98. Chuck roast was $4.98. Picked up about 5 pound of 90/10 if I feel energetic I may try to make some sticks out of it, it was $4.18 Got a couple boneless pork loins one for jerky one to cut up for chops. $1.99 Baby Backs were $4.99 Beef knuckle/whole sirloin tips were $3.89 Butts $1.89 Gordons also had the normal full meat case. Prices were with in 20 cents or so of Sams.
     I didn't spend a lot of time at the meat cases, to many people, and they must have all knew each other as they just kind of parked there and chit chatted.   

• #6 by pmillen on 28 Mar 2022

• I didn't spend a lot of time at the meat cases, to many people, and they must have all knew each other as they just kind of parked there and chit chatted.   

One of my many peeves.  What is with people who stand side by side and block store isles, or saunter down shopping center corridors 5 and 6 abreast, holding up traffic?  I'm 80 years old, have had four vertebrae surgeries and arthritic hips.  I don't move very fast and am rarely in a hurry, but I'd like to be shown the courtesy that I show others and be allowed to move along steadily at my pace.

Sorry for the subject detour and rant.  I guess I'm just a crabby old man whose verbal filter has deteriorated.
  • #7 by 02ebz06 on 28 Mar 2022

• I didn't spend a lot of time at the meat cases, to many people, and they must have all knew each other as they just kind of parked there and chit chatted.   

One of my many peeves.  What is with people who stand side by side and block store isles, or saunter down shopping center corridors 5 and 6 abreast, holding up traffic?  I'm 80 years old, have had four vertebrae surgeries and arthritic hips.  I don't move very fast and am rarely in a hurry, but I'd like to be shown the courtesy that I show others and be allowed to move along steadily at my pace.

Sorry for the subject detour and rant.  I guess I'm just a crabby old man whose verbal filter has deteriorated.

Amen! 
  • #8 by Clonesmoker on 01 Apr 2022
  • Just picked up four briskets from our local Fareway Stores here in Iowa for $2.99/lb
  • #9 by 02ebz06 on 01 Apr 2022
  • Just picked up four briskets from our local Fareway Stores here in Iowa for $2.99/lb

Good score! 
  • #10 by reubenray on 02 Apr 2022
  • Yesterday at my Sam' Club the butcher cut meats were back out.  I was surprised that the prime ribeye steaks prices were $15.95/lb vs $19.95/lb the last time I looked.  My freezers are full, so I did not look at anything else.  I go early in the morning to look for their reduced meat.  I got some tomatoes for my wife and I left quickly to keep from looking at the meat.  This may have been the least amount I have ever spent in Sam's.
  • #11 by 02ebz06 on 02 Apr 2022
  • Yesterday at my Sam' Club the butcher cut meats were back out.  I was surprised that the prime ribeye steaks prices were $15.95/lb vs $19.95/lb the last time I looked.  My freezers are full, so I did not look at anything else.  I go early in the morning to look for their reduced meat.  I got some tomatoes for my wife and I left quickly to keep from looking at the meat.  This may have been the least amount I have ever spent in Sam's.
    It's hard not to spend a lot in Sam's or Costco.
  • #12 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Apr 2022
    It's hard not to spend a lot in Sam's or Costco.

I don't think I leave there without spending $100+ every time I go.
Pages:
Actions