Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sam's Club Meat  (Read 547 times)

reubenray

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Bella Vista, Arkansas
Sam's Club Meat
« on: March 25, 2022, 01:35:17 PM »

Today at my Sam's Club in Bentonville, AR there was no meat in the prime butcher section.  Plus the big signs advertising the cost of meat were gone and they had limits on chicken.
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
Re: Sam's Club Meat
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 03:17:19 PM »

On a similar note, there may soon be a scarcity of chickens at some Costco stores.  A chicken slaughtering plant in Fremont, Nebraska processes chickens exclusively for Costco.  Two nearby chicken-raising facilities have destroyed thousands of chickens because of bird flu.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 03:55:45 PM »

Both make sense, more folks eating at higher end steakhouses serving Prime, reducing the supply.  And the same type of scenario with the birds, but a illness causing it. For full disclosure, I got a D- in economics in College!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Darwin

• Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 06:09:27 PM »

Sam’s in the west valley is often out of roast chicken.  I just get shrugs when I ask why.

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2022, 11:04:37 PM »

Took a trip to Greensburg PA today. Maybe 35-40 minutes, Stopped at Gordons for a couple bags of flour and a couple other things. Then hit Sams. You would think  they were giving stuff away with all of the people in there.

Most everything seemed as usual. There was plenty of different meats. At least 30 rotisserie chickens in the hot case. Only 2 things we could not find. Kleenex and Kraft Parm cheese. I ask someone working there about where i would find the cheese he said it is to be in tomorrow, but it was also to be here on the 8th.

Meat prices were pretty much the norm. Brisket choice were $3.98 prime $4.98. Chuck roast was $4.98. Picked up about 5 pound of 90/10 if I feel energetic I may try to make some sticks out of it, it was $4.18 Got a couple boneless pork loins one for jerky one to cut up for chops. $1.99 Baby Backs were $4.99 Beef knuckle/whole sirloin tips were $3.89 Butts $1.89 Gordons also had the normal full meat case. Prices were with in 20 cents or so of Sams.
 I didn't spend a lot of time at the meat cases, to many people, and they must have all knew each other as they just kind of parked there and chit chatted.   

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2022, 02:24:27 PM »

I didn't spend a lot of time at the meat cases, to many people, and they must have all knew each other as they just kind of parked there and chit chatted.   

One of my many peeves.  What is with people who stand side by side and block store isles, or saunter down shopping center corridors 5 and 6 abreast, holding up traffic?  I'm 80 years old, have had four vertebrae surgeries and arthritic hips.  I don't move very fast and am rarely in a hurry, but I'd like to be shown the courtesy that I show others and be allowed to move along steadily at my pace.

Sorry for the subject detour and rant.  I guess I'm just a crabby old man whose verbal filter has deteriorated.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2022, 02:36:12 PM »

One of my many peeves.  What is with people who stand side by side and block store isles, or saunter down shopping center corridors 5 and 6 abreast, holding up traffic?  I'm 80 years old, have had four vertebrae surgeries and arthritic hips.  I don't move very fast and am rarely in a hurry, but I'd like to be shown the courtesy that I show others and be allowed to move along steadily at my pace.

Sorry for the subject detour and rant.  I guess I'm just a crabby old man whose verbal filter has deteriorated.

Amen! 
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Clonesmoker

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2022, 02:49:14 PM »

Just picked up four briskets from our local Fareway Stores here in Iowa for $2.99/lb

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2022, 03:58:38 PM »

Just picked up four briskets from our local Fareway Stores here in Iowa for $2.99/lb

Good score! 
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

reubenray

• Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2022, 06:45:22 AM »

Yesterday at my Sam' Club the butcher cut meats were back out.  I was surprised that the prime ribeye steaks prices were $15.95/lb vs $19.95/lb the last time I looked.  My freezers are full, so I did not look at anything else.  I go early in the morning to look for their reduced meat.  I got some tomatoes for my wife and I left quickly to keep from looking at the meat.  This may have been the least amount I have ever spent in Sam's.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 06:49:13 AM by reubenray »
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2022, 10:20:39 AM »

Yesterday at my Sam' Club the butcher cut meats were back out.  I was surprised that the prime ribeye steaks prices were $15.95/lb vs $19.95/lb the last time I looked.  My freezers are full, so I did not look at anything else.  I go early in the morning to look for their reduced meat.  I got some tomatoes for my wife and I left quickly to keep from looking at the meat.  This may have been the least amount I have ever spent in Sam's.
It's hard not to spend a lot in Sam's or Costco.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2022, 11:47:53 AM »

It's hard not to spend a lot in Sam's or Costco.

I don't think I leave there without spending $100+ every time I go.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180
Pages: [1]   Go Up