Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Mar 2022
  • Per Bentley's question from the cheesesteak thread.

Back in November, I bought 5-6 dozen different flavored pierogies at an Eastern European deli, Forgotten Taste, in Coraopolis, PA which is about 15 minutes west of Pittsburgh.  I had gathered up another 5-6 different brands locally near my house as well.  The initial plan was to have Pierogie Fest the week between Christmas and New Year's and watch some college bowl games at my house with 6 or so buddies.  Well, two of them ended up with covid right after Christmas so we postponed the event.  Was finally able to find a weekend in everyone's schedule that worked so we had it last Saturday in my 3rd car garage.

We ended up only eating 3 dozen of the pierogies because I made a bunch of different sausages, my brother brought a half pan of sliced sausage, peppers, and onions, and I bought 50 wings at a local pizza shop for $35 (cheaper than me making them and the guys like them too).  Others brought a bunch of dips, snacks, etc.  And, we had lots of beer.  We watched some college basketball and college wrestling, listened to some music on my new little bluetooth speaker, and laughed a lot.  It was a great day.  The next day everyone was asking when the next event was taking place.

Here are some pics in posts below.  I didn't take a lot during the day as I was too busy enjoying the company of my brother and my best friends.
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Mar 2022
  • Mini Bluetooth speaker that rocked the entire garage and the grill area on the patio right outside the garage

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Two spare computer monitors hooked up with a Roku and a Firestick via the Google wifi in the garage

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Mar 2022
  • Garage fridge stocked for the event

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Serving dishes to keep the food warm throughout the day

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Mar 2022
  • Wings @ 50 for $35 can't be beat.  I don't think Angel's Pizza has changed the prices to reflect their higher costs

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Mar 2022
  • Sausages

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Mar 2022
  • Pierogies

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Mar 2022
  • I had never had a pierogie with a filling other than potato plus something.  These meat ones were really good and I will buy them again if I make it out that way.  I am planning a trip to Cleveland in October and they have some pierogie places that get great reviews.  I plan to buy some while there.

Hot Sausage pierogies

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Roast Beef pierogies

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Mar 2022
  • Spent today driving around to drop off things that my buddies left at my house last Saturday.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

And because it was close to St Patty's day I had to have some Irish style beverages

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #9 by 02ebz06 on 26 Mar 2022
  • Looks like some good eats!!!  :clap:
    I have two Roku TV's and a couple more Roku boxes with other TV's.  Work great.
    Also have one of those 3 container warmers.  Don't use it very often, but very handy when you need it.

Going to have to look for that Nitro Irish Stout.  Have not seen it.
    Normally drink Guinness.
  • #10 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Mar 2022
  • Looks like some good eats!!!  :clap:
    I have two Roku TV's and a couple more Roku boxes with other TV's.  Work great.
    Also have one of those 3 container warmers.  Don't use it very often, but very handy when you need it.

Going to have to look for that Nitro Irish Stout.  Have not seen it.
    Normally drink Guinness.

Cheaper to have Roku or Firestick on some TV's than renting a cable box.  I have too many of them and a few at my parents.

You should be able to find that Nitro Irish Stout.  It is made by Breckenridge in CO so I would think it is available in AZ.  They make a very good Vanilla Porter too.
  • #11 by 02ebz06 on 26 Mar 2022
  • I'm in New Mexico,  ;D
    I'll have to check Total Wine. It's a huge liquor store.
  • #12 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Mar 2022
  • Looks like they may have it in Albuquerque
  • #13 by 02ebz06 on 26 Mar 2022
  • Don't get over in that area too often.  Just get alcoholic beverages in the supermarket.
  • #14 by Bentley on 26 Mar 2022
  • What a feast and thanks!
  • #15 by BigDave83 on 26 Mar 2022
  • It all looks great, not sure what I would eat first.

We rarely brown ours, if I get frozen pierogies I will toss in some hot water and then in the skillet with a load of butter and onions. I used to pick some up made locally at a little Amish type store. They were probably 5-6" across. several different flavors, I usually got the jalapeno and cheese. I also have never seen them have meat in. They are plentiful around here now with all of the fish fries. Haluski also is big at them.
Pages:
Actions