Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 4given on 12 Apr 2022
  • Well, I decided to replace my old Daniel Boone with a new DB Choice with Wi-Fi. The old one has been a workhorse and still runs good but should probably be gone through at some point.  I have upgraded it with the stainless steel heat shield and stainless 1 piece drip tray.  I'll put it up on FB Marketplace once my new one comes in.  I'm pretty sure someone will want it.

Have any of you recently purchased a DB Choice? 
  • #2 by ICIdaho on 13 Apr 2022
  • I am still running my 8 year old DB.  I debated on buying a ticket for a GMG Ledge being raffled for a local group.  To me, it looks like a DB with a few more bells and whistles and a different name.
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 13 Apr 2022
  • To me, it looks like a DB with a few more bells and whistles and a different name.

Probably only so much you can do, just bells and whistles as you said.
    Different size to give it a different name, I guess.
    Would likely need complete redesign in and out to make it "different".
    That would hold for any grill I guess.
  • #4 by Clonesmoker on 18 Apr 2022
  • Im going on 8 years with my DB. Just got the Don Godke Downdraft kit for it. Have a friend getting me a piece of expanded metal so I can upgrade the second cooking shelf I currently have. I had to pull out the auger once. Got a couple places where grease will drip out. The velcro on the outer cover doesn't work anymore due to the wear, tear, and weather from sitting outdoor. I do a thorough clean a couple times a year so it's treated me well. A part of the family so to speak.
  • #5 by Zombini on 30 Apr 2022
  • I just picked up a new Ledge. My Daniel Boone was working on 9 years old. I like all the new bells and whistles. Is there a difference between the new Ledge and DB other than name and options? Good luck with your new grill. I am lucky that there is a dealer about 20 minutes away who puts them together and does the burn in for you.
    Z
Pages:
Actions