Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by jgrayson on 19 Apr 2022
  • Hello and welcome!

I was looking at a new pellet smoker a couple of years ago.  I opted for the Yoder 640 which I believe is in your price range.  I had looked at several of the other brands, but honestly none of them offered everything that I had on my wish list.  I was kind of surprised at that, but at the time I couldn't find one that offered pellet drop feed, wifi controller, stainless steel, USA made, and company reputation/longevity in the market.  The last item on my list was very important to me because I was getting rid of a great pellet grill because it was made by a company that was new to the pellet grill market that unfortunately for me (and a few others on this forum) went out of business.

I ultimately chose the Yoder because it met most of my considerations.  It isn't stainless steel, but it is heavy duty steel.  It's been a great machine and I have had to perform minimal maintenance.  Just vacuuming out the ashes every one or two cooks depending on my amount of laziness, and then I clean and scrape off the grease tray when it really looks like I really needed to do it a month ago. 
Pages:
Actions