Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electric smokers  (Read 884 times)

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
Re: Electric smokers
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2022, 07:03:48 PM »

I use very little wood. I buy one of those bags of chunks, cut them into smaller pieces. maybe small egg size. I will use chips if doing a lower temp cook or if doing short cook.  I have put a few pieces to much wood in shortly after buying it and learned not to over do it.

Zombini

• Using less gas.
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2022, 09:46:33 AM »

Ive smoked lots of sausage using a smoking Tex (same thing as a cook shack) and a Bradley smoker, but my favorite electric now is the MES 40. I use it specifically to finish my smokes after wrapping and for smoking sausage. I use a pellet maze for generating the smoke when doing sausage.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]
Zombini

Brushpopper

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • "The road goes on forever...
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2022, 09:54:47 AM »

Is the glass hard to keep clean and how big are the racks on your MES 40?
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000

Zombini

• Using less gas.
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2022, 11:52:00 AM »

19 3/4 inches by 12 inches. If you clean the glass immediately after use it cleans pretty easy, which I do.

z
Zombini

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2022, 12:09:22 PM »

Ive smoked lots of sausage using a smoking Tex (same thing as a cook shack) and a Bradley smoker, but my favorite electric now is the MES 40. I use it specifically to finish my smokes after wrapping and for smoking sausage. I use a pellet maze for generating the smoke when doing sausage.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]
Curious as to why foil is covering the pans. Do you not want the smoke to migrate into the food??

Brushpopper

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • "The road goes on forever...
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2022, 12:16:44 PM »

19 3/4 inches by 12 inches. If you clean the glass immediately after use it cleans pretty easy, which I do.

z

Thanks.  I have to go to Home Depot today so I'll go look at them.  Looks like you could get a little brisket in there.
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000

Zombini

• Using less gas.
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2022, 12:42:29 PM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]
Curious as to why foil is covering the pans. Do you not want the smoke to migrate into the food??
This smoker is used for sausage and finishing my other smokes. The four butts in the smoker were smoked in my GMG Daniel Boone for probably 6 or 7 hours until a nice bark is formed then foiled and finished in the MES. I cant see wasting pellets after I have foiled if I have another means of finishing the cook. In the winter I may use the oven in the house.
Zombini

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2022, 01:25:43 PM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]
This smoker is used for sausage and finishing my other smokes. The four butts in the smoker were smoked in my GMG Daniel Boone for probably 6 or 7 hours until a nice bark is formed then foiled and finished in the MES. I cant see wasting pellets after I have foiled if I have another means of finishing the cook. In the winter I may use the oven in the house.

That makes sense. Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up