Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 17 Apr 2022
  • Kristin bought a Rib Roast that was reduced twice!  I think se said the final price was $5.99/lb.  I believe it is USDA Select, as it does not even have a rating stamp on it.  Maybe even that Standard grade.  She wanted the ribs cut off and wanted some meat left on them so I tried to oblige her!  A few shots of the process!  She is cooking them as I type, so she will hopefully add some After photos for you all!

• #2 by Bentley on 17 Apr 2022

• #3 by Bentley on 17 Apr 2022

• #4 by ylr on 17 Apr 2022
  • Looks like a decent deal What the heck is a "checkout coach"?
  • #5 by Brushpopper on 17 Apr 2022
  • Looks like a decent deal What the heck is a "checkout coach"?
    +1
  • #6 by Kristin Meredith on 17 Apr 2022
  • When they reduce it even more from the sale price on the sticker they require a manager to come over and enter the new price.  Maybe some sort of system to make sure checkers aren't giving special discounts to someone they like? (I have no idea).
  • #7 by 02ebz06 on 17 Apr 2022
  • That chunk looked like it would have been a perfect candidate for dry-aging.
  • #8 by BigDave83 on 17 Apr 2022
  • there is some good eating on those bones.
  • #9 by hughver on 17 Apr 2022
  • I recently took rib bones with lots of meat from rib roasts and sous vide at 145° for 24 hours. seared/smoked back to 145°  and served. there was a lot of unrendered fat but flavor was very good. next time I'll smoke to 180°.
  • #10 by Kristin Meredith on 18 Apr 2022
  • Bent thought too much meat.  I thought just enough.  No sauce, just the brisket marinade for about 2 hours.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #11 by Canadian John on 18 Apr 2022

•  I see the Bentley white & yellow seal of approval in the first pic (pun).

A good job with excellent results.. The butcher it yourself method has many more advantages than just saving coin.
  • #12 by pmillen on 18 Apr 2022
  • Bentley, you have the hands of a surgeon.
  • #13 by Bentley on 18 Apr 2022
  • I have come to believe that little $5 Victorinox pairing knife is the sharpest one I have!
  • #14 by yorkdude on 19 Apr 2022
  • Love beef ribs, those look fantastic.
  • #15 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 Apr 2022
  • I have come to believe that little $5 Victorinox pairing knife is the sharpest one I have!

I tried cutting some onions and peppers with two knives my mother in law had, and probably would have been better off using a standard steak knife.
Pages:
Actions