Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Traeger

My Old Traeger BBQ-100 Improved

(1/3) > >>

FredSG:
Hello all,

I spent part of my Summer 2017 rehabilitating my circa 1993 Traeger Pellet Grill, Model # BBQ100.  It had been given to us as a wedding present by my In-Laws, and, wow, has lasted as long as our marriage!

In late Spring of this year, my wife announced that she wanted to do more cooking on our Traeger.  So I took up the challenge, and decided to renovate our ole girl.

Here is a list of the improvements I did:

(1)   Removed and replaced all the press board orange slats with new solid pine slats with close to the same color orange. Replaced all the screws, too!

(2)   Painted the exterior metal with a high temperature black paint, also sanded away any rust spots on the metal.

(3)   Removed the original 1993 3-speed Traeger Controller and replaced it with a newer Traeger Digital Controller.

(4)   Installed a Traeger Dome Thermometer.

(5)   Removed the old Traeger Baffle Pan that held lava rocks and replaced it with a stainless steel heat shield (from Mike Hurd of PelletGrillAccessories.com).

(6)   Covered the cooking grill with GrillGrates (from GrillGrates.com).

And hopefully to do more Traeger Pellet Cooking during the cold, harsh Winters of Northern Maine, I built a Pergola for our Traeger, coloring parts of it with the same Traeger orange.

Thanks for looking.

FredSG

MP09:
Got to love it  Great job! Enjoy grilling all year long...

Quadman750:
Nice restoration & mods.

Bobitis:
Wow.. Seriously.

Add an Asian touch to the roofing ad it would be outta the park.  :2cents:

pz:
That's a really nice setup, and I especially like that the enclosure is on wheels  :clap:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View