Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jerky Slicer  (Read 323 times)

Jon515

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Jerky Slicer
« on: April 18, 2022, 04:55:46 PM »

My local grocery store is no longer allowed to freeze and slide jerky 1/4, the best they can do is 3/8ish.  It didn't work well.  Does anyone have a jerky slicer similar to one of these? If so, how does it work?

Cabela's Pro Series Manual Jerky Slicer

« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 12:34:33 PM by Bentley »

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Jerky Slicer
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 05:40:09 PM »

I think Bentley has something similar to that.  I have the electric one that goes on the head of the LEM grinder.  I love it.  And the thickness works good for me at 1/4"
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 06:32:45 PM »

I just use my regular meat slicer.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2022, 07:20:40 PM »

I have one of those, bought it probably 15+ years ago. I used it for a while, then found they had one for on their grinder motors and bout one of them. Both work well.

If you like your meat cut across the grain they don't seem to work as well to me. I have always been a with the grain guy anyway.

The thing I didn't like about the one you have linked is how narrow the strips are, the one for the grinder  motor made strips a little wider.

Not sure of your budget or space, but I think I would add some to it it I could and had room, and buy something like below. I would go with a 10-12 inch in case you decide you want to make bacon and slice it.

Also not sure if you noticed but the model you are asking about does 3/8" thickness not 1/4" they are not adjustable.

https://www.amazon.com/VEVOR-Commercial-Meat-Slicer-Semi-Auto/dp/B08R7JJF3R/ref=sr_1_28_sspa?crid=1B14RYWZD8SCL&keywords=meat+slicer&qid=1650323737&sprefix=slicer%2Caps%2C91&sr=8-28-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyWVBTWk44M0daMEVCJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzI5ODk3MkFEOTlGVUc4UVg4ViZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDcxMzAxRjMwSDJXWUQwMDhRJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfbXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Jon515

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2022, 07:38:07 PM »

I didn't notice the 3/8ths, thanks for pointing that out. I do have a slicer I haven't used in a while. I'll take a look and see if it does 1/4. When you slice jerky do you freeze the meat first or just get it really cool?

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2022, 08:21:34 PM »

I didn't notice the 3/8ths, thanks for pointing that out. I do have a slicer I haven't used in a while. I'll take a look and see if it does 1/4. When you slice jerky do you freeze the meat first or just get it really cool?

I think if you partially freeze you can get more uniform slices. Me I have slicers and the jerky slicers and I just cut it by hand. If I am doing 20 pound or more of meat I will use a slicer. I mostly do 6-10 pound at a time. I like it thicker cut.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2022, 09:32:06 AM »

No, I have the tenderizer.  I think the item he has listed is more like your LEM attachment, just manual!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2022, 10:41:06 AM »

Must be my browser...  I don't see any link Jon515 listed.
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2022, 10:51:54 AM »

I don't see the link, either.  I see the others.  I'm using Apple Safari.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Jon515

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2022, 08:07:35 PM »

I don't see the link, either.  I see the others.  I'm using Apple Safari.

Thats weird, I posted it using safari.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2022, 10:31:01 AM »

The picture/link is there now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up