Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 4given on 27 Apr 2022
  • Here is a cheap & easy old school hack for your Daniel Boone Choice Grill. This week I built this 32" x 11.5" folding front shelf for about $30.

I bought the stainless steel folding brackets on Amazon - $10. They have a bunch of them listed on Amazon that are around the $10 area. Just search "folding shelf bracket 12 inch" then sort price "Low to High" and you will see them all.

The wood for the table is a 48 in. x 11-1/2 in. Unfinished Pine Stair Tread from Home Depot - $12.98

Rust-Oleum Universal All Surface Interior/Exterior Hammered Spray Paint - $8.97

The nice thing is that the mounting holes in the bracket line right up with the mounting holes on the grill. See pictures. I chose the hammered black finish to match the grill. You could stain & varnish it. You could spend a little more and get an oak stair tread if you want.

• #2 by Canadian John on 27 Apr 2022

•  Sounds like a winner!   The"pictures" - don't see them.   Who am I to talk: no phone or camera.
  • #3 by 4given on 27 Apr 2022

•  Sounds like a winner!   The"pictures" - don't see them.   Who am I to talk: no phone or camera.

The picture are there now! I had to resize them.
  • #4 by Canadian John on 27 Apr 2022

That's more like it. A winner for sure.    BTW: That pit looks new to me. 
  • #5 by 4given on 27 Apr 2022

That's more like it. A winner for sure.    BTW: That pit looks new to me. 

This pit is new! Sold my old Daniel Boone that I have owned for around  7 or 8 years and bought this new DB Choice.  I've done a spatchcock chicken and a rack of ribs on it. So far so good! This weekend will be a couple of meatloaves then a prime beef brisket for Mothers Day.
  • #6 by 02ebz06 on 27 Apr 2022
  • Good job. Nicely done.   :clap:
  • #7 by Zombini on 30 Apr 2022
  • Thats nice. I need to do that to my old DB.
    z
  • #8 by Clonesmoker on 10 May 2022
  • I used the same kinda brackets from Amazon. I had my nephew get me piece of DuPont Corian that was left over from work. Nice addition!!
  • #9 by 4given on 03 Jun 2022
  • I used the same kinda brackets from Amazon. I had my nephew get me piece of DuPont Corian that was left over from work. Nice addition!!

Nice!
Pages:
Actions