Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by okie smokie on 04 May 2022
  • We occasionally grill the thick cut chops from Costco.  Was always told many years ago to not eat lamb unless well cooked. Now I am told that Salmonella is gonna be on the outside of the chops, and that a good sear takes care of that, and also that it can be eaten rare if desired, if well seared.
    What say you?

• #2 by BigDave83 on 04 May 2022
  • I have always rare to med rare for myself. The GF isn't a fan of raw or bloody eat as she calls it.
    For mine I usually try to hit 120ish and close 140 for her.
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 05 May 2022
  • Can't help on how to cook, only had lamb once when I was a young teenager, never had it since.
    Don't know if it was spoiled or just the taste being different, but I did not like it at all.
  • #4 by hughver on 05 May 2022
  • I was never a fan of lamb, but my wife is so a few years back I fixed grilled medium rare lamb chops with a mint-based topping for her birthday. they were delicious, now they are regular fare.
  • #5 by okie smokie on 05 May 2022
  • My wife loves them well done and crispy at the edges. I just tolerate them. Last ones came out a little too rare for us. Was just curious as to how others liked them. 
  • #6 by Bentley on 05 May 2022
  • Best I ever had was here in Rosarito, BMX.  They were not well done, but they were crispy on the edges!  I like them medium when I cook them, not as rare as beef!

El Nido

My wife loves them well done and crispy at the edges.

• #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 May 2022
  • I remember driving by Rosarito a few times on my way to Ensenada for work.
Pages:
Actions