Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cooking soft shell crabs  (Read 269 times)

urnmor

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
Cooking soft shell crabs
« on: May 07, 2022, 11:15:38 AM »

I am looking for different ways to cook soft. Shell crabs without deep frying or saute them.  I was wondering if any one cooked them on a pellet grill or air fryer.  If so would you share your recipes. Thank you

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Cooking soft shell crabs
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2022, 02:05:40 PM »

No help, as to the best of my knowledge I have never had them.  So I hope you will post some photos!  Have always wanted to try them!  Been here 8 years, live 100 miles form the Chesapeake Bay and have never been for soft shell or any other crab!  Like living in LA for 12 years and never going to the Zoo or Catalina!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

urnmor

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2022, 04:50:42 PM »

No help, as to the best of my knowledge I have never had them.  So I hope you will post some photos!  Have always wanted to try them!  Been here 8 years, live 100 miles form the Chesapeake Bay and have never been for soft shell or any other crab!  Like living in LA for 12 years and never going to the Zoo or Catalina!

Now I can understand not having hard shell crabs as IMO they are to much work however crabmeat in other forms such as crab cakes or crab imperial I am sure you would enjoy.  I also believe eating a soft shell crab is an acquired taste.  I do like them however my wife is from Baltimore and they eat all types of crab so I had to learn to like them.

1MoreFord

• Using less gas.
  • Central Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2022, 04:47:18 PM »

If any of you ever find yourself near a Phillips Seafood Restaurant around dinner time be sure to go and get some of their Crab Imperial.  You'll be a crab lover for life.
Joe

Falcon Mk V gas grill, OK Joe Longhorn - gone, CharGriller Akorn, Camp Chef SG24, Weber 22" OTG
Pages: [1]   Go Up