Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's Cookin' for Mothers Day ?  (Read 365 times)

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
What's Cookin' for Mothers Day ?
« on: May 07, 2022, 05:20:46 PM »

I had purchased a huge Ribeye Roast a while back and cut it up into eight pieces since there is just the two of us.
So will be having the largest piece tomorrow.
Pictures are lousy since wrapped, but more to indicate how big this is and how big the roast was.
This about 4" high.
Since the Memphis will be going for the roast, I will throw a rack of spareribs on too. Need to get some things out of the freezer.

I will be doing 275 for the ribs starting about 8am (If I get up that early . :D

Does anyone have a guestimate of how long this roast will take, and when I should put it on ?

Will have baked potato and asparagus as sides.  Pictures tomorrow...

Feel free to post your Mothers Day meals as well.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 05:23:13 PM by 02ebz06 »
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
Re: What's Cookin' for Mothers Day ?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 11:14:39 AM »

Well the ribs aren't happening.  They are burnt to a crisp.
I think there was a controller malfunction.
I got a text alert from the grill (glad WIFI is working again) telling me the grill reached set temp of 660 and then got one saying the grill was over temp.
I didn't look at the first one right away as I was in the middle of something, and figured it was from one of my sons.
Looked at it when I saw the 2nd one and ran out there right away.
The hopper lid was warped up quite a bit on right side.
Over Temp error was on the display. Couldn't do anything with controller keys, so unplugged it.
Opened the lid (glad I have leather gloves that go up over the elbow). It was hot.
Ribs were on fire.
As it cooled, hopper lid straightened out, thankfully.
I had it set at 660 last time I used it as I was just burning stuff off the grates after cooking.
The only thing I can figure happened was that after I set the temp down to 275, for some reason it reset it back to 660.
At least the ribs weren't for lunch.   :'(

Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2022, 12:28:52 PM »

Not my day.
Since the Memphis went bonkers, I started up the CampChef smoker.
As soon as I turned it on it showed the RTD temp as 101.
I knew that was wrong as it was only 72 outside.
So I had to use my grate probe from the Thermoworks Smoke to get smoker temp.
So playing around with the temp, and ignoring the RTD display, I have temp where I want it.
I should have stayed in bed.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2022, 02:51:10 PM »

Well after all the blockades, we made it to the finish line.

Nobody else cooking anything special today ?

jdmessner

• Evart, MI
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2022, 07:00:10 AM »

Wow, that was quite an adventure. Glad the grill seems to have survived the ordeal. I've had those kinds of days where if it isn't one thing it's another and no good deed goes unpunished! Looks like the end result turned out well. Sometimes the challenges are what makes the day memorable. Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

It turned out to be a very low key day for me. My wife's mother came down with Covid. She is doing well, but no visitors for a few more days. I will probably cook something for her next weekend. We ended up going to my sister's house to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom. Nothing creative for dinner, it was GFS frozen lasagna. It actually tasted pretty good!
God grant that I may never live to be useless! ― John Wesley

Brushpopper

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • "The road goes on forever...
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2022, 09:07:08 AM »

Glad you were able to save the day.  Sounds like it was one of those days but today will be better even though it is a Monday.
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000

urnmor

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2022, 09:09:19 AM »

Our Son cooked a fantastic meal for his Mother.  It was risotto with mushrooms, crab cakes, scallops and asparagus with an orange soy sauce.  For dessert we had lime whipped cream with fresh fruits (no picture available)

urnmor

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2022, 09:12:33 AM »

He cooked a fantastic meal of risotto with mushrooms, crab cakes, scallops and asparagus with an orange soy sauce.  For dessert we had lime whipped cream with fresh fruits (no picture available)

glitchy

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2022, 09:42:02 PM »

My wife wanted trisket. Nothing fancy, but was delish. Made French toast, scrambled eggs, sausage and hash browns for lunch. So, she ate pretty well.
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive
Pages: [1]   Go Up