Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by just4fn on 15 May 2022
  • If you have a 12 volt grill, you can make it portable. I have a GMG Daniel Boone Prime.  I decided I didn't want to have to plug it in and be able to move it anywhere I wanted.  The beauty of it is they provide an adapter to hook up to your car battery.  I installed a battery tray and used a battery I had in the garage.  I put the battery on the tray and secured it,  hooked up the adapter and purchased a shorter power cable.  Voila- portable.  I just charge the battery every 6 months as you would in your car. Sharing to give others an idea.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by 02ebz06 on 15 May 2022
  • Cool idea.   :clap:

• #3 by BigDave83 on 15 May 2022
  • I use my battery jump box to run the Davey Crockett a lot of the time,it is easier than finding an extension cord at times.

Nice idea, now just get one of those little trickle charger and hook to the battery.
  • #4 by Zombini on 18 May 2022
  • Great idea. I used a portable cell phone charger to run my master built 560 gravity fed charcoal grill. Im guessing the GMG will take a little more juice, especially when starting up.
    z
  • #5 by Bentley on 18 May 2022
  • That is a nice set up!
  • #6 by 02ebz06 on 18 May 2022
  • To make it truly portable and off-grid, you could add a solar charger for the battery.
  • #7 by Timpanogos Slim on 19 Jun 2022
  • lead-acid batteries don't like being allowed to run down so it might be best to leave it attached to even a very cheap 12v solar panel. You'll probably want to silicone the panel housing to be really sure it is weather-tight if it wasn't explicitly sold to be used in full weather.

I have an old land cruiser that for years sometimes didn't get driven for months so i installed weatherproof battery maintainer under the hood and kept it plugged in more often than not. Got 7 years out of the first battery before starting it if the lights had been on for a while, etc, got a little dodgy.
Pages:
Actions