Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by urnmor on 16 May 2022
  • Pictures of the lunar eclipse. I started this about 10:15 and stopped at 11:38
  • #2 by urnmor on 16 May 2022
  • ome more photos of tonight's lunar eclipse.  they were taken between 12 and 12:30.
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 16 May 2022
  • My youngest son got a great picture with his cell phone through his telescope.
  • #4 by urnmor on 16 May 2022
  • Great photo
  • #5 by 02ebz06 on 16 May 2022
  • Great photo

He doesn't mess around, he buys good equipment.
    I think he has a camera for the telescope, but he said he did that with a cell.
    We watched, but I never thought about taking pictures. Would have been terrible anyway. I suck at photography.
  • #6 by pmillen on 16 May 2022
  • I watched it with a friend.  I apparently didn't think it was unusual enough to photograph.  It'll be duplicated in 430 years.  So I'll continue to photograph food.
  • #7 by Kristin Meredith on 16 May 2022
  • It was raining here, so no view. :(
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 May 2022
  • I watched it with a friend.  I apparently didn't think it was unusual enough to photograph.  It'll be duplicated in 430 years.  So I'll continue to photograph food.

Me and Grandpa Munster will see it when it comes around again.
  • #9 by 02ebz06 on 16 May 2022
  • Quote from Forbes:

"The next total lunar eclipse is on Monday, November 7 and into Tuesday, November 8, 2022. That’s in just 145 days! It will be best seen from west coast of North America, with Australia and southeast Asia also in a good position.

Like the events of May 15-16 it will also features an 84-minute totality (it’s actually four seconds longer). That’s highly unusual. According to Timeanddate.com, it’s the most balanced pair of lunar eclipses in 430 years.

November’s eclipse will be just as long as what North America just experienced, with lunar totality seeing the full “Frosty” or “Beaver” Moon turn a spectacular reddish color for 84 minutes.

That kind of duration of totality won’t be topped until a 102 minute totality on June 26, 2029"
Pages:
Actions