Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sear box on STX?  (Read 1101 times)

Glert

Sear box on STX?
« on: October 04, 2017, 01:32:57 PM »

I'm having trouble justifying the $200 price difference between the STX and the DLX.  I was thinking with the DLX I could add the sear box down the road if I wanted to.  Anyone know if you can add it to the STX as well?

Thanks!

Glert

Re: Sear box on STX?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 01:41:37 PM »

Their web page shows it fits the "PG24S" but in the list of models they have I don't see that.  I see PG24STX and SE.  I'll try to shoot them an email.

bregent

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 03:15:48 PM »

Not sure where you are ordering from and what prices are available, but right now the list price on the Woodwind is the same as the DLX. Woodwind has bottom shelf, 4 casters and stainless lid. And the difference in price between the DLX and STX is only $100 on a few popular sites, not $200.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 03:20:16 PM by bregent »

Glert

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 03:57:48 PM »

Not sure where you are ordering from and what prices are available, but right now the list price on the Woodwind is the same as the DLX. Woodwind has bottom shelf, 4 casters and stainless lid. And the difference in price between the DLX and STX is only $100 on a few popular sites, not $200.

Amazon has the STX for $399 and DLX for $599.

Glert

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 08:15:08 AM »

Camp Chef confirmed that it will work on the STX.

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 09:49:01 AM »

Sometimes buying after costs more..You may want to check the pricing.  An other option would be a Weber kettle @ a later date .They do an excellent job @ searing plus you'll have more cooking room..There not  an expensive pit depending on the model..
Pages: [1]   Go Up