Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smoke Cooked Casserole?  (Read 284 times)

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
Smoke Cooked Casserole?
« on: May 29, 2022, 07:37:10 PM »

A while back I made this casserole https://pelletfan.com/index.php?topic=6325.0 . with modifications. The recipe yielded two 2 quart casseroles. We ate one over several days and am now contemplating serving the other one to guest tonight. It was baked, cooled frozen, and vacuum packed. I'm thinking about thawing in the microwave and heating on my pellet smoker at 180° to get a little smoke flavor. It was initially baked in the oven. Good or Bad idea? BTW this is an excellent dish.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
Re: Smoke Cooked Casserole?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 09:51:56 AM »

Just my  :2cents:  but I don't think it will be in there long enough to get any smoke flavor.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

hughver

• University of Louisiana
Re: Smoke Cooked Casserole?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2022, 12:06:17 PM »

Just my  :2cents:  but I don't think it will be in there long enough to get any smoke flavor.

You are right, it did not pickup much smoke flavor but it was worth a shot. Everybody liked the casserole. Thanks again Paul for posting it.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas
Pages: [1]   Go Up