Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunday Brisket  (Read 247 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
Sunday Brisket
« on: June 05, 2022, 11:12:08 AM »

Nothing special, just doing a brisket on the Memphis Pro for dinner tonight.  A friend is coming to visit for a couple of days and she loves brisket.  I picked this one up a few weeks back and it has been in the freezer.  14.4 pounds, original price $83, but on sale for $52.  Oh for the good ole days of competition when we could have gotten the same size brisket for $30 to $35!!

Marinaded overnight in the marinade we got in Texas and then light dusting of Montreal steak seasoning.  On to the Memphis Pro at 7 am cooking at 275.  The first pic is marinating.  The second is about 4 hrs in.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
Re: Sunday Brisket
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 12:49:57 PM »

Only one probe ?
I usually put one in the point and one in the flat.
If the flat starts to get done too soon you can separate them and wrap the flat.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 12:56:29 PM »

grate deal at $3/#
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

hughver

• University of Louisiana
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2022, 01:10:39 PM »

Good looking piece of meat.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

jdmessner

• Evart, MI
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2022, 05:28:48 PM »

I smoked a brisket for a picnic last weekend and did it a bit differently than in the past. I was camping and due to logistics needed to cook it a day before it was going to be served. I did not trim it at all, put some rub on the exposed meat, and put it in the smoker fat side down. It was at 225 from 9 p.m. till 7 a.m. I covered it and turned it up to 275 for probably another six hours. After resting it I sliced it and put it in the refrigerator over night In the morning I put it in a crock pot with some beef stock to reheat it. It was a lot less work than any other brisket I have done and it went over as well or better than any other I have done.

I also did a couple of pork shoulders the same way. Reheated with apple juice. I didn't get it quite to where it would pull, so I sliced it in small chunks. I think I prefer that to pulled pork.
"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio
Pages: [1]   Go Up