Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Memphis

How to adjust "Actual" to real temp in Beale Street or Advantage. PID

(1/1)

okie smokie:
Mainly concerned for accurate low temps for Low/Slow cooks. When my Beale Street is set for 225* and Actual reads 225* it is really averaging about 245*-250*with an independent and accurate probe which is above center grate.  I can adjust for that but it seems to defeat the purpose of my RTD. I am told there is a way to adjust the control for accuracy. Any experience with this?  On my recteq 590 it was an easy adjustment. But no mention of this with the BS Memphis.
Or is it an RTD problem? Or do I just call Zakk again?

Bar-B-Lew:
I don't have that issue with my older model Elite.  I would call Zak or adjust your controller down to a temp that hits 225° on your independent thermometer.

02ebz06:
I have the process and settings for the old style PID controller for the Pro and the Elite, but have no idea how to get into the settings on the new controller.
Sorry...

okie smokie:

--- Quote from: Bar-B-Lew on June 05, 2022, 01:24:11 PM ---I don't have that issue with my older model Elite.  I would call Zak or adjust your controller down to a temp that hits 225° on your independent thermometer.

--- End quote ---
Your suggestion is probably best idea, since I noted today that when set to 500* that after the initial overshoot to 588*, it settled down to 500* on the readout, and was really 480* on the Thermopro.  So-- it runs 15* hotter on low temp and 20*colder on high temp. I have a replacement, RTD, but haven't installed it because perhaps the original was not damaged in the fire. ? Or was it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View