Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by BrandonLutz on 04 Dec 2022
  • I just got a One recently. I'm coming from an older original ThermaPen model. So far I like it. My old one did not have any back lighting while the One does. I also like the fact that the screen automatically rotates when I change the orientation of the probe while probing various pieces of meat on the smoker.

Overall I've been pleased with it. My old one still works but for some reason, it has started to not come on when I open it. I have to fiddle with it to get it to come on, even with a new battery.
  • #17 by 02ebz06 on 04 Dec 2022
  • My only complaint for the Thermapen line is they are made for Right-Handed people.
    Us Left-Handed people are treated like the red-headed stepchild.   ;D
  • #18 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Dec 2022
  • My only complaint for the Thermapen line is there are made for Right-Handed people.
    Ul Left-Handed people are treated like the red-headed stepchild.   ;D

Get a thermapop then
  • #19 by Canadian John on 10 Dec 2022
  • My only complaint for the Thermapen line is there are made for Right-Handed people.

Get a thermapop then

Bruce. There is a new version, ThermoPop 2 . Has an optional 8" probe, waterproof vs splashproof, much larger 1 1/4" screen, faster response time +++.. To me the 8" would be the one allowing for a more

comfortable hand hold away from the heat.

• #20 by 02ebz06 on 10 Dec 2022

Get a thermapop then

Bruce. There is a new version, ThermoPop 2 . Has an optional 8" probe, waterproof vs splashproof, much larger 1 1/4" screen, faster response time +++.. To me the 8" would be the one allowing for a more

comfortable hand hold away from the heat.

Thanks for the info.
Pages:
Actions