Accessories & Essentials > Thermometers, Probes, Remote Temp Monitoring Systems etc.

Thermapen ONE

<< < (2/4) > >>

hughver:
I have one, it works great on thin products. i.e., shrimp scallops 1/2" steak etc..

Bar-B-Lew:
This is not a knock on the product as I have a huge collection of Thermoworks products.  However, I think unless you are working in a restaurant kitchen or doing a lot of BBQ contests and speed makes a difference for you it is not worth spending the money for any of the Thermapen products.  They have a few other semi instant read hand held thermometers for a fraction of the cost that work great.  They are the go to items in my arsenal.  I like a thinner probe needle for chicken breasts, burgers, steaks, etc.  I even use them for chuck roasts, briskets, and chuck roasts too.  I own an MK4 and I am not even sure I have ever used it.

glitchy:
I have a ONE and think it’s great. Yeah, i could probably spare a second or two in my life, but what’s great about it is that it’s so fast you can see if you are hitting the right spot which I sometimes find challenging on whole chickens and turkeys.

Jon515:
I have the original and its ok, but I told Thermoworks after my last customer service experience was so bad I would spare no opportunity to warn that their service is below bar and buyers beware.  I recently received a Fireboard Spark and can’t say enough about how much I love it. If I want to smoke something on my smaller traeger I can connect a probe and monitor it via the app, if I need instant read it has haptic feedback.  Not trying to hijack the thread, just living up to my promise to Thermoworks.

Bar-B-Lew:

--- Quote from: Jon515 on July 09, 2022, 11:59:27 PM ---I have the original and its ok, but I told Thermoworks after my last customer service experience was so bad I would spare no opportunity to warn that their service is below bar and buyers beware.  I recently received a Fireboard Spark and can’t say enough about how much I love it. If I want to smoke something on my smaller traeger I can connect a probe and monitor it via the app, if I need instant read it has haptic feedback.  Not trying to hijack the thread, just living up to my promise to Thermoworks.

--- End quote ---

Far cry from what I have experienced with them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View