Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by JimAZ on 07 Jul 2022
  • Was at Tractor Supply and saw a pellet fueled ceramic egg (Even Embers) for under $800.  Anybody have any experience with these.  At the price point I’m sure it does not have quality components, but the concept is definitely interesting.
  • #2 by BigDave83 on 07 Jul 2022
  • Was at Tractor Supply and saw a pellet fueled ceramic egg for under $800.  Anybody have any experience with these.  At the price point I’m sure it does not have quality components, but the concept is definitely interesting.

There was one a few years ago. Black Olive, I believe was the name of it. It didn't seem to get any traction and faded away. Then 3 embers I think brought it back in the last year or so.
  • #3 by hughver on 07 Jul 2022
  • I have a BGE, and I prefer the charcoal flavor profile for some applications. I would not convert my BGE to pellets if mod was available.
  • #4 by Brushpopper on 08 Jul 2022
  • My brother has an Even Embers pellet grill he got at Sam's for $200 and says it works very well.  He had issues with crazy temp swings at first until he scraped the coating off and grounded the pit temp probe better.  He said it has a powder coat type finish and once he did that it has been fine and he cooks on it often.
Pages:
Actions