Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 05 Oct 2017
  • We have so many different manufacturers represented on this forum with an array of pits.  Lots of different features on each pit and lots of different reasons people purchased what they did.  What is one -- or two -- of the features you like best about your pit?

We have the competition wheels on the Memphis.  Because we do take it to competitions, that is a lot of moving, especially rolling it up the ramp of the trailer.  They are big, sturdy wheels and I sure love them when we move the pit. Makes it so easy.
  • #2 by pmillen on 05 Oct 2017
  •     Unrotated pizza.  The absolutely even heat distribution.
  • #3 by Queball on 05 Oct 2017
  • PG500 .... Direct grilling always available. Nothing to change out, or add or pull ..... Just turn up the heat! ......... An adjustable controller for independent feed and heat maintenance along with multiple cooking zones gives so much flexibility depending on what you are doing and what you want to accomplish.
    • Queball
  • #4 by Canadian John on 05 Oct 2017
  • Memphis Pro.. Easiest of all to clean(inside).  Fast and even temperatures..  There is more but it exceeds the two limit.
  • #5 by Free Mr. Tony on 05 Oct 2017
  • Louisiana whole hog.  Size, and two completely different temp settings running at the same time.
  • #6 by MSOLSON on 05 Oct 2017
  • Blaz"n Grand Slam -

Sear Kit Option - It allow indirect and direct grilling so I leave it installed most of the time. I smoked a bunch of ribs a while back and removed it for that.  Also, the Pro Shelf option allows for an infinite number of shelf variations that is very handy during cooks.
  • #7 by ICIdaho on 05 Oct 2017
  • It makes everything taste delicious.
  • #8 by dk117 on 05 Oct 2017
  • alright, I'll be the contrarian.   The ability to consistently smoke well below 150 degrees (ambient temp is certainly a consideration).   Traeger Texas stock or with Ortech control.

There are so many ways to get open flame, searing, 500 degree plus outside of a pellet grill.  But the low and slow for a smoke bath, smoked salmon, chex mix, cheese, lots of options.

DK
    • dk117
  • #9 by pmillen on 05 Oct 2017
  • Smoked chex mix?  Post a recipe, please.
  • #10 by triplebq on 05 Oct 2017
  • On my Blaz'n Grid Iron the best feature to me is the comp cart and pro shelf. The comp cart makes for easy moving as I move my pit a lot and the pro shelf gives me a ton of space.
  • #11 by triplebq on 05 Oct 2017
  • On my Cookshack FEC-120 the best feature is the pit is insulated. I can use to smoker in any kind of weather and keep a solid temp.
  • #12 by Free Mr. Tony on 05 Oct 2017

I'll post mine while you are waiting on dk to post his. I make this alot, and it's hard to put down. Pretty spicy compared to regular Chex mix.

4 cups rice chex
    4 cups corn chex
    4 cups wheat chex
    3 cups pretzels
    3 cups spicy tabasco cheezits
    2 cups garlic toasts, like bagel chips or Stacy's
    Small container cashews
    Bottle fake butter, like can't believe it's not butter spray
    4 tbs Worcestershire
    Couple dashes hot sauce and Sriracha
    Cap full of liquid smoke
    2 tsp Tony chacheres
    2 tsp sugar
    1 tsp Hyde park (Chicago Spice house online)
    1 tsp lakeshore drive (Chicago Spice house)
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder

Mix all the spices into the butter. Pour over, and mix until everything is wet. 265 for an hour, stir every 15. A full size hotel pan is the perfect size for this.

If I ever owned a bar, this would be free on every table. Lots of drinks consumed because of all the salt and heat.
  • #13 by Osborn Cox on 05 Oct 2017
  • PG1000- nothing news breaking, but the direct flame cooking is awesome and the 4 zone design makes it so easy to cook a variety of items at the same time.   
  • #14 by dk117 on 05 Oct 2017

I'll post mine while you are waiting on dk to post his. I make this alot, and it's hard to put down. Pretty spicy compared to regular Chex mix.

4 cups rice chex
    4 cups corn chex
    4 cups wheat chex
    3 cups pretzels
    3 cups spicy tabasco cheezits
    2 cups garlic toasts, like bagel chips or Stacy's
    Small container cashews
    Bottle fake butter, like can't believe it's not butter spray
    4 tbs Worcestershire
    Couple dashes hot sauce and Sriracha
    Cap full of liquid smoke
    2 tsp Tony chacheres
    2 tsp sugar
    1 tsp Hyde park (Chicago Spice house online)
    1 tsp lakeshore drive (Chicago Spice house)
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder

Mix all the spices into the butter. Pour over, and mix until everything is wet. 265 for an hour, stir every 15. A full size hotel pan is the perfect size for this.

If I ever owned a bar, this would be free on every table. Lots of drinks consumed because of all the salt and heat.

Thanks guys, mine comes straight off the box, you can get the three pack of Chex at Costco.  I do double the sauce though (which I bolded below).    Garlic chips are key, must have!   I'll run on a smoke bath for an hour then another two or three at 225.   It's just regular chex mix with an amazing smoke flavor.   It really ups the game. 

3 cups Corn Chexâ„¢ cereal
        3 cups Rice Chexâ„¢ cereal
        3 cups Wheat Chexâ„¢ cereal
        1 cup mixed nuts
        1 cup bite-size pretzels
        1 cup garlic-flavor bite-size bagel chips or regular-size bagel chips, broken into 1-inch pieces
        6 tablespoons butter or margarine
        2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
        1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
        3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
        1/2 teaspoon onion powder

DK
    • dk117
  • #15 by Quadman750 on 05 Oct 2017
  • Memphis Elite & Memphis Pro
    - can cook in extreme cold
    - temp will get to 700°
Pages: