Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bentley on 05 Jun 2020
  • Wheat.  1st time in the 7 growing seasons we have been here it has been planted.  I guess Bean and Corn prices suck, so they decided to go this way this year on the cash crops.  It is just now starting to (not sure what to call it) die? Even more yellow today then the video. They will harvest when it is 12-14% moisture, they say around 4th of July.  Then they will plant Sudangrass, which I am interested to see as it will be a 1st for me.!

Out of curiosity, what is the crop growing next to it?

• #17 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Jun 2020
  • Sudangrass, please take video to educate me and maybe other on that.
  • #18 by W6YJ on 05 Jun 2020
  • Interesting. I would never have guessed. 60 years or so ago I lived in Montana and there were hundreds and hundreds of miles of wheat. Guess I always saw it much closer to harvest time when it had dried and changed color.
    The wheat fields were also much shorter than the wheat you have.

Thanks...
  • #19 by Bentley on 01 Aug 2022
  • Here is what you get when you forget to make sure the handle is not engaged on your wood splitter and you get kickback from the starter pully handle!  The Bliss of thinking you know what you are doing!

• #20 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 Aug 2022
  • Is that a burn or a bruise or both?  Anyway, hope you heal quickly.
  • #21 by 02ebz06 on 01 Aug 2022
  • Ouch, bet that smarts!!!

I did that to my side trying to rip a 2x4 on the table saw with the anti-kickback guard removed.  2x4 shot back and left a big mark in my side.
  • #22 by Canadian John on 01 Aug 2022

•  As my daughter would say  to our granddaughter, that's an OUCHIE. 

• #23 by yorkdude on 01 Aug 2022
  • That does look awful tender, hope it heals quick.
  • #24 by BigDave83 on 01 Aug 2022
  • Hope nothing is broken,
  • #25 by JoeGrilling on 01 Aug 2022
  • Ouch, bet that smarts!!!

I did that to my side trying to rip a 2x4 on the table saw with the anti-kickback guard removed.  2x4 shot back and left a big mark in my side.
    Your lucky it wasn't a larger board.  A buddy of mine years ago tried to rip an oak 4x4 on a 3HP Delta table saw.  It kicked back and went through the side of his barn. 
  • #26 by Bentley on 01 Aug 2022
  • Biggest blood blister I have ever had!
Pages:
Actions