Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by atlasx2001 on 28 Jul 2022
  • Used to be on PelletHeads been meaning to come over here for some time.    I have a GMG which was great in the beginning with some great service.   Lately been not producing godd smoke rings on ribs which are my favorite to smoke.   Its about 7 years old with a few repairs done.   I am now starting to look around and thus rejoined the forum.

Good news is I now have a bigger budget but the bad news is I have no idea what I want.   Yoder is on my list but will keep doing the research.

• #2 by 02ebz06 on 28 Jul 2022
  • Welcome aboard.  Glad you came back to the fold.
  • #3 by pmillen on 28 Jul 2022
  • Welcome back.
  • #4 by BigDave83 on 28 Jul 2022
  • Welcome, from over close the other side of PA.

A lot of good cookers out there.
  • #5 by Canadian John on 29 Jul 2022

•  Welcome ! 

The question of what pit should I buy is often seen here.  It's a tough decision most of the time, especially for a newcomer to pellet cooking, or worse a newcomer to outdoor cooking.

You have the advantages of experience and less financial constraints. It's still a challenge. Good luck my friend.

• #6 by atlasx2001 on 29 Jul 2022

•  Welcome ! 

The question of what pit should I buy is often seen here.  It's a tough decision most of the time, especially for a newcomer to pellet cooking, or worse a newcomer to outdoor cooking.

You have the advantages of experience and less financial constraints. It's still a challenge. Good luck my friend.

Yes...I was a on a tighter budget before...even the GMG was a bit more than I wanted to spend.    I still think it was a great choice compared to Traeger at the time (better temp controller).   Now the choice is so much harder.  What I do know is a pellet grill is for me...easy to use and pretty good smoke profile.    Offsets are too much work for me are the ceramics.

• #7 by smokymtnjonny on 01 Aug 2022
  • Welcome!
  • #8 by urnmor on 01 Aug 2022
  • Welcome to the group and BBQ on
Pages:
Actions