Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Which Pit Should I Choose?

Memphis or ???

<< < (2/8) > >>

pmillen:
Having said all of that, if I were looking for a new pit I'd seriously investigate the Cookshack FEC100.

Bentley:
It cant, that is where the combustion chamber is!

--- Quote from: 02ebz06 on January 19, 1970, 11:51:47 PM ---I would not use the direct flame area, so would be a waste of space if it can't be used for regular BBQing.

--- End quote ---

02ebz06:

--- Quote from: Bentley on July 29, 2022, 12:09:39 PM ---It cant, that is where the combustion chamber is!

--- Quote from: 02ebz06 on January 19, 1970, 11:51:47 PM ---I would not use the direct flame area, so would be a waste of space if it can't be used for regular BBQing.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Kinda what I figured. Was hoping they had a thick plate or something to go over it to reduce the heat.

==============================================================================

--- Quote from: pmillen on July 29, 2022, 12:04:49 PM ---Having said all of that, if I were looking for a new pit I'd seriously investigate the Cookshack FEC100.

--- End quote ---

FEC100 is nice, but I think I need a grill format rather than a vertical smoker.
We make bread in the Memphis grill, not sure how well a vertical smoker would do that.

Now I have the CampChef vertical smoker and it is primarily for smoking cheese and jerky.
That will go with us.

BigDave83:
When I was buying I really wanted a MAK 2 Star or a PG1000. But out of budget then  and even more so currently. A local guy bought a 2 Star and I looked a it when I went to pick up pellets that I was hooked up with for an LJ group buy. It was a very nice cooker, and he said he loved it.

When I saw an FEC100 in person I really liked that, but for what I cook today would be way over kill.

There was a guy in Baltimore if I remember that was making a really good looking cooker Dreamwerks I think. That was a long time ago.

glitchy:
Since you specifically said USA made, you are aware Memphis is made in China as of a couple years ago?

Although auger fires are a lot more rare on newer pits and I love my MAK, but I’ll add that I believe Yoder and LSG both have drop feed fire pots. The LSG pellet smokers look very nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View