Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > recteq

New 1070 ? Anyone have one?

(1/6) > >>

okie smokie:
Has anyone purchased the new RT 1070?  Seems like there are not legitimate review. Couple of promotional videos. I was very pleased with the 590. Pros? Cons?

Bar-B-Lew:
What are you going to do with your Beale St?

BigDave83:
I see people on FB not the happiest with build fit and finish. There are some that get water in and they can't figure out where it comes in. The one guy had a cover made I believe because RT doesn't have one for a built in.

For me the way they mount the controller just makes it look off, looks like a 5th grader built it.But then they mount all their controllers like this.

okie smokie:

--- Quote from: Bar-B-Lew on July 31, 2022, 07:06:13 PM ---What are you going to do with your Beale St?

--- End quote ---
All depends on whether they will send me a new control to install. If so and temps are acceptable, I will not purchase the 1070 (or other).

If there is no change, I will conclude that the control is flawed in design or that they went cheap on the wrong thing.
  Think about this: Here is a company that advertises how much better their temps are controlled for good cooking. I'm sure that the Elite and Pro are very stable in that respect. Then they produce a significantly cheaper model to compete with the upper mid price market, and in doing so, use a lesser quality control module, or the programmed algorithms are not proper. I can't believe they did so.  So it should be resolved with a new good control. If not, then I will take the loss and purchase another pit. I am waiting for a reply from Arni in Service. I am becoming less tolerant of the delay and will decide soon. Too old to fuss and fume.  What do you suggest?

BigDave83:
I have read your posts on your quest for excellence. I may need to go back and re read some to see the temp issues.

Curious what is your expectation of the temps and the the differences in different spots on the grill or over all temp fluctuations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View