Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Memphis

Possible Solution for Weak WiFi on your Memphis Grills

<< < (2/5) > >>

02ebz06:

--- Quote from: Bar-B-Lew on August 04, 2022, 09:07:45 AM ---I suspected it was a cheap part in the grill causing the issue.  You should be able to get decent wifi on your patio from within the house.  I have a Google mesh wifi network and get really good reception everywhere in the house, garage, patio, yard...  That is another option for folks but is not cheap.

--- End quote ---

Ill be going to a mesh network a week from Monday in the new house, as builders are not running cat-5/6 cables to rooms anymore.

Bar-B-Lew:

--- Quote from: 02ebz06 on August 04, 2022, 09:10:40 AM ---
--- Quote from: Bar-B-Lew on August 04, 2022, 09:07:45 AM ---I suspected it was a cheap part in the grill causing the issue.  You should be able to get decent wifi on your patio from within the house.  I have a Google mesh wifi network and get really good reception everywhere in the house, garage, patio, yard...  That is another option for folks but is not cheap.

--- End quote ---

Ill be going to a mesh network a week from Monday in the new house, as builders are not running cat-5/6 cables to rooms anymore.

--- End quote ---

That is strange that they are not running ethernet.  We ran it when we built our house which I can't believe we have been in over 7 years already.  At some point, it may be obsolete if wifi can get to over 1GB speeds, but for now I love it especially for someone who works from home all of the time and had pre-covid era.

okie smokie:
I have an eero three piece mesh network attached to my system and while it has been great in the house, it was a little less so on the porch. I had ATT tech (I use their phone, tv, and internet package) come and place the mesh units in an optimal spots and we have good service and signal strength in house, garage and back porch.  So it was logical to me that it must be inferior antenna quality. I tested the reception again this AM and WiFi is solid on the Memphis. Also, my new control is coming today, so I will be installing and testing again. Will post results on the other thread that addresses this. A word of caution on mesh boosters. Be sure and place the mesh units at the edge of good signal strength so it can extend a good signal. If you place it in a weak spot, that is what it will project. And if you have more than one mesh extender, be sure to not to place them too close together, or your electronic gear, esp. TV's will oscillate between boosters, and you will loose signals at those times. Very aggravating.

Bentley:
Maybe if we move closer to the Mayberry in a few years we will get close to 100mbps...Our provider right now gives us 5/2mbps for $70/month.  I cant imagine what 100/50 would be like and the numbers you are talking about...that is 2001: A Space Odyssey numbers for us!

--- Quote from: Bar-B-Lew on August 04, 2022, 09:39:26 AM ---At some point, it may be obsolete if wifi can get to over 1GB speeds, but for now I love it especially for someone who works from home all of the time and had pre-covid era.

--- End quote ---

Bar-B-Lew:

--- Quote from: Bentley on August 04, 2022, 03:03:19 PM ---Maybe if we move closer to the Mayberry in a few years we will get close to 100mbps...Our provider right now gives us 5/2mbps for $70/month.  I cant imagine what 100/50 would be like and the numbers you are talking about...that is 2001: A Space Odyssey numbers for us!

--- Quote from: Bar-B-Lew on August 04, 2022, 09:39:26 AM ---At some point, it may be obsolete if wifi can get to over 1GB speeds, but for now I love it especially for someone who works from home all of the time and had pre-covid era.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Our upload speeds are horrible at about 25Mbps comparative to the 1GB download speeds.  I think the best I have got has been about 800+Mbps.  It usually runs in the 500-700 range.  My wifi runs in the 250-450 range.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View