Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by hughver on 11 Aug 2022
  • I'm sure that all of us have a variety of gadgets that we use while pursuing our cooking adventures. It would be nice to have a place to showcase unique gadgets for everyone to see. The items below are gadgets I bought that I use virtually every day, they may be a common items, but they are new to me. Garlic slicer and flipper.
  • #2 by Bentley on 11 Aug 2022
  • Dou you prefer sliced garlic in your recipes over smashed or finely diced?
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 11 Aug 2022
  • All my gadgets are in boxes.  :(
    We are moving Monday and Tuesday.
    Will probably be a while before any see the light of day again.
  • #4 by BigDave83 on 11 Aug 2022
  • Not sure the server has enough space for pictures of all my gadgets.

I am sure I will  contribute to this post, i look forward to people's different gadgets.  I have a Pigtail flipper some place, just not sure where.
  • #5 by hughver on 11 Aug 2022
  • Dou you prefer sliced garlic in your recipes over smashed or finely diced?

Yes. I once had a book on garlic and if I recall, it said than mashing or mincing bruised the garlic and adversely changed the taste.
  • #6 by jdmessner on 13 Aug 2022
  • Knife and chopping block scissors. Works surprisingly well!

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #7 by Kristin Meredith on 15 Aug 2022
  • I am not sure this really fits the description, but I just purchased it and am having fun with it, so I am posting.  This is my new mini-waffle maker ($12, a deal!).  I am learning to make chaffles and other keto friendly dishes with it.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Aug 2022
  • Are those what used to be Lego size waffles?  I am sure that the store bought ones are probably smaller than they used to be when I ate them for breakfast in middle school.
  • #9 by Clonesmoker on 15 Aug 2022
  • 5 gallon bucket and a $3 paint stirrer on the end of a power drill does quick work to "pull" pork shoulders.
  • #10 by Kristin Meredith on 15 Aug 2022
  • Yes, basically the size of L'eggo waffles that you put in a toaster.
  • #11 by hughver on 15 Aug 2022
  • I am not sure this really fits the description, but I just purchased it and am having fun with it, so I am posting.  This is my new mini-waffle maker ($12, a deal!).  I am learning to make chaffles and other keto friendly dishes with it.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

I have a similar device, same color except it's called a quesadilla maker. the other 2 gadgets are for holding bags open while they are being filled.
  • #12 by Hank D Thoreau on 19 Aug 2022
  • This is my new gadget, a Bron Coucke stainless steel classic chef's mandoline. I went higher end to get better adjustability. This mandoline is well built with incredible adjustability.

We are starting with potato chips. I have two thicknesses soaking in water in the refrigerator that will be fried tomorrow. We also plan on doing sweet potato and carrot chips.

So far, I am very impressed. This is much better than the lower cost mandolines I have used in the past.

I made chips today which turned out pretty good. The overnight soaking will help eliminate some of the starch.

Next may be crinkle chips.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #13 by Hank D Thoreau on 20 Aug 2022
  • I already did a post on the Ronco Showtime Rotisserie. This is a gadget that has survived the test of time, and gave rise to the mantra: Set it and forget it !!!!!

https://pelletfan.com/index.php?topic=7130.msg74278#msg74278

[ Invalid Attachment ]   [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #14 by urnmor on 21 Aug 2022
  • I think I will just take a picture or two of my gadget draws and let you guess what they are as I know longer have a clue
  • #15 by Bentley on 21 Aug 2022
  • I wish I could find pictures of my meat tenderizer!
Pages:
Actions