Recipe Section > Fowl

PULLED TURKEY

(1/2) > >>

Canadian John:
Our local turkey farm started selling it so we gave it a try.. Results;a bit costly with super taste and texture..We went on to do our own. We have done several, the first ones a bit rough around the edges.That is could be better...  Now it is spot on..What we did was to  smoke a large, skinless,boneless and seasoned breast for just over an hour then raised  the temperature to 375º until just under 160º internal,cover + rest ~ 3/4 hr...Juicy is an understatement. Next came the pulling; hard to do with turkey just work @ it and chop as well.  Sauce heavily as the meat absorbs a lot. It is hard to believe with all the juices present that it would..Best to leave it and eat the next day. Keeps absorbing sauce. It may very well require more sauce then...By us the result was splendid.

The sauce we like best is our homemade ketchup base sauce..Some off the shelf BBQ sauces are good as well.     Give it a try and let us know the results.

urnmor:
Other then my friend Queball you have some of the best BBQing ideas around  :cool:

Quadman750:
Mmmmmm, and what was left over I would make a BBQ chicken pizza. You are the second person this week on here to make me want pizza for breakfast.

Saddleman:
This looks like work pull and chopping the meat. I have used my brides  kitchenAid blender with the heavy mixer blade. But you have to watch how long you blend it because you can end up with a paste. But it works really well for street tacos using turkey or chicken.

Bar-B-Lew:

--- Quote from: urnmor on October 05, 2017, 07:58:44 PM ---Other then my friend Queball you have some of the best BBQing ideas around  :cool:

--- End quote ---

I miss Queball not being active on here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View