Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bishop916 on 14 Aug 2022
  • After seeing a few favorable reviews on YouTube I picked up one earlier in the spring, and its been a very reliable cooker with a few nice features for the price point.

• Wifi controllable thru smartphone app
    • Meat probe with alarm for set temp
    • Temp is adjustable in 5* increments from Smoke temp (~200*) to High (~500*)

Anyone out there pull the trigger on one of these bad boys?

• #2 by 02ebz06 on 14 Aug 2022
  • Have never heard of it.  Grills and pizza ovens pop up like weeds.

Welcome to the forum.
  • #3 by ylr on 14 Aug 2022
  • It looks like a competent entry level all-rounder, but don't be surprised if it winds up going to the landfill in a few years. That daisy wheel flame access looks like it would gunk up easy.  Don't know what you would do if something went wrong with it, parts and service are limited. Best advice is to keep everything clean inside, and invest in a cover or keep it out of the weather at all times.

Welcome to the forum! Didn't mean to be a downer, but owning an entry level cooker(as I have for almost 8 years) takes care, and attention to maintenance.
  • #4 by reubenray on 14 Aug 2022
  • I tend to steer away from anything mechanical from Walmart.  They are known for getting stuff made cheap.
  • #5 by Canadian John on 15 Aug 2022
  •  
     Welcome Bishop.  I see this is you first post.

As for the Commodore.  No comment as I have never heard tell of it... A first pellet pit is always a challenge, one that you seem have conquered. Enjoy it!
  • #6 by pmillen on 15 Aug 2022
  • Welcome to PF.

I don’t frequent WalMart but I was there last week and scanned the enormous line of patio cookers they displayed.  I don’t recall seeing the Expert in the mix but there were a few models of other brands that I’d not seen before.

I hope that it continues to meet your needs.
Pages:
Actions