Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bill-N-Carolina on 20 Aug 2022
  • Greetings, I'm Bill from North Carolina. I've been smoking and grilling for around 10 years now. I have a variety of cookers, including Weber Kettles, WSMs, drums, and now a couple of RecTeqs. My current equipment for pellet cookers is a RecTeq RT-590 Stampede and a RecTeq RT-B380 Bullseye. I have only had them for less than a year, so I am still pretty new to pellets. I am quickly falling in love with the convenience and versatile nature of these grills though. Thanks for the add and I look forward to learning with the group.
  • #2 by Canadian John on 20 Aug 2022
  •  
     Welcome Bill!   It appears you are well set-up equipment wise...  Enjoy Pellet Fan my friend.
  • #3 by urnmor on 20 Aug 2022
  • Bill welcome aboard
  • #4 by 02ebz06 on 20 Aug 2022
  • Howdy Bill, welcome to the group.
  • #5 by pmillen on 21 Aug 2022
  • Welcome to PF, Bill.  You say that you’re looking forward to learning.  You obviously aren’t a rookie based on your experience and equipment set.  I’m impatient to learn from you.

Post your favorite recipes and include photographs (we love photographs).
  • #6 by Bill-N-Carolina on 22 Aug 2022
  • 🔥🔥Thanks for the welcome guys. It is nice to be on a forum just for pellet cookers. Most of the other sites I contribute to typically don't appreciate them as another tool in the kit bag. The Recteq forum does a decent job, but obviously, they are brand biased.

Welcome to PF, Bill.  You say that you’re looking forward to learning.  You obviously aren’t a rookie based on your experience and equipment set.  I’m impatient to learn from you.

Post your favorite recipes and include photographs (we love photographs).

I guess I wouldn't consider myself a rookie, but I am typically a hot and fast guy with my other cookers. Even with my offset, I cook at a higher temp. I've had to really slow things down with my RecTeqs in order to develop the flavor I'm looking for. I am currently testing different pellets to balance cost versus performance. I've already found a few that produce better flavor than others. I will definitely be posting cooks, recipes, and results of tests. 🔥🔥
  • #7 by Fire708 on 26 Aug 2022
  • Welcome Bill. Hope you enjoy this place as much as I do.
Pages:
Actions