Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Refining smoked stuffed bell pepper recipe  (Read 273 times)

Hank D Thoreau

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Civil but disobedient
Refining smoked stuffed bell pepper recipe
« on: September 04, 2022, 01:41:52 AM »

I have done smoked stuffed bell peppers now for the third time in the past week and they are getting better each time.

I ditched the marinara and cheese in the last two batches which was a big improvement.

The version today was the best yet, and it was very low calorie.

I used the following:

Stuffing
1 pound of lean ground chicken breast
Wild rice and quinoa mix
Shredded zucchini and carrot
Minced onion and green bell pepper
Black beans
Corn
Tomato sauce
Salt, pepper, basil, oregano, thyme and sage

I stuffed red, yellow and orange bell peppers and poblano peppers, blanching the peppers first for 5 minutes. Blanching helped soften the peppers and retain their color.

I smoked for 1 hour and 20 minutes at around 350 degrees using GMG Fruitwood pellets.

The peppers turned out great. The peppers were soft with a nice crust on the stuffing.

The great thing about this dish is that you can throw whatever you like into the stuffing. This leads to a myriad of possibilities.

We will probably be doing at least one a week since it is easy to make, highly nutritious and low in calories.

Preparing the stuffed bell peppers

[ Invalid Attachment ]   [ Invalid Attachment ]   [ Invalid Attachment ]   [ Invalid Attachment ]  

Finished product

[ Invalid Attachment ]  
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 02:59:26 PM by Hank D Thoreau »

jdmessner

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Evart, MI
Re: Refining smoked stuffed bell pepper recipe
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 04:54:19 PM »

Those are beautiful. Hopefully at some point you can post this in the "How I" or "Recipe" section of the forum for easy access. I am looking forward to trying these!
God grant that I may never live to be useless! ― John Wesley

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 06:59:53 PM »

I picked up a few peppers at the farm market yesterday. Not sure what I will fill with. The GF would not eat what is in the picture. Not sure she will eat them with what I stuff them with.

Hank D Thoreau

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Civil but disobedient
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2022, 07:33:32 PM »

I picked up a few peppers at the farm market yesterday. Not sure what I will fill with. The GF would not eat what is in the picture. Not sure she will eat them with what I stuff them with.

The great thing about stuffed peppers is that you can put whatever you like in them, as long as it goes with peppers.

You can do the same stuffing other foods, such as cabbage.

I did a couple using poblano chiles to see how they tasted. I have not tried them yet.

I use the visualization method to cook. I visualize what I like and make it. These stuffed peppers reflect what I like.

I am definitely a comfort food person. I have never really been into fine dining. Too rich. Too much butter. This is the type of food I like.

What type of stuff does your girl friend like?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 07:35:30 PM by Hank D Thoreau »

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2022, 09:54:22 PM »

I did some different peppers for myself last year. I had a few poblanos and anaheims I don't remember which one but one of them the skins were very tough. I froze a bunch of them and dug 2 out after seeing  your  other post.

She likes what she is used to, hates when I make something new because she doesn't know about it. I have gotten her to eat many things over the years that she had never had, lamb chops, steak, ribs. She likes chicken but with out a bone so I will buy thighs and bone them out. Stir fries, quesadillas, big on casseroles loaded with bread pasta or potatoes. She is diabetic and like most loves anything carb filled and sugar laden. She is one of those people that knows what something should taste like. She loves brownies I usually just soup up boxed ones. I added a bit of cinnamon one time and she was all excited until she it in to it and it didn't have the taste she was thinking it would, I ended up throwing them out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up