Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by pmillen on 04 Sep 2022
  • I try not to, but sometimes I stray away from posting exclusively about pellet burning.  This is one of those times.

I recently became aware of M Grills when Blaz’n Grill Works was sold and moved from Beatrice to Lincoln, NE.  The new owners also acquired M Grills and moved them from Mesquite, TX to Lincoln, too.

I have a huge interest in the M 16 with the smoker attachment and also somewhat of an interest in the C 4.  They’re both popular with the competitive steak cookers and there are a few videos on YouTube.

What are your opinions of them?
  • #2 by Bentley on 04 Sep 2022
  • This site has morphed into whatever we want, so don't sweat worrying if it is pellet inspired...

So the company that made the Blaz'n sold the manufacturing?  I wanna say the owner was Mark Setzer(?), and Tim was in Charge of Operations.  Setzer's Welding & Manufacturing and they did Powder Coating too.  So they no longer manufacture the Blaz'n?
  • #3 by pmillen on 04 Sep 2022
  • So they no longer manufacture the Blaz'n?

That’s my understanding.  The brands were both purchased and moved to Lincoln.  The web site seems to reflect that.
  • #4 by pmillen on 06 Sep 2022
  • MPO9 posted the new Blaz’n owner info in https://pelletfan.com/index.php?topic=7441.msg78559#msg78559.
  • #5 by pmillen on 06 Sep 2022
  • Here’s my understanding of the Blaz’n and M Grills acquisitions.

The Blaz’n pellet pits were manufactured by Precise Fabrication in Beatrice, NE.  Precise Fabrication was acquired by Kinney Manufacturing of Lincoln, NE.

Kinney Manufacturing also acquired M Grills of Mesquite, TX.  Brent Erikson, of Kinney Manufacturing wrote that, “We are currently working on the Cerakote M16 and Smoker attachment.  We will have those items available again by the end of the year.

Would this be something you would like to have shipped or would you prefer to come pick them up from us in Beatrice, NE?”

So, it appears that both the Blaz’n and M Grill lines will be manufactured in Beatrice, NE.
  • #6 by Bentley on 06 Sep 2022
  • Wonder if Mark sold to Precision years ago...Seemed like when we started this site Blaz'n were all for sending some units to be PT, but I never herd back.  I wonder if Mark sold the BBQ unit part of the company about 2017?
Pages:
Actions