Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by urnmor on 05 Oct 2022
  • Last night I made Jagerschnitzel.
  • #2 by pmillen on 05 Oct 2022
  • I had to look it up.  It sounds and looks good.
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 05 Oct 2022
  • Nice!  Had a German restaurant only a couple miles from us when we lived in Texas.
    Weren't getting enough business I guess, so they moved about 20 miles away.
    Guess we didn't go there often enough.  ;D
  • #4 by glitchy on 05 Oct 2022
  • Is that homemade spätzle with it? There was a little German place in Park Rapids, MN we used to visit multiple times every trip up there. The noodles were the best part of the meal, they served theirs with gravy on them.
  • #5 by BigDave83 on 05 Oct 2022
  • I had to look it up also, I would eat it.

If that is spaetzle, I make that for in my haluski when I make it. Always save some out for eating with some garlic butter, salt and pepper.
  • #6 by okie smokie on 05 Oct 2022
  • Traditional Jaeger Schnitzel has brown gravy, often with mushrooms. I am not a fan of German food in general, wienerschnitzel in particular because it is dry. But do like it with gravy as above. In fact we just had Jaeger Schnitzel at our local German restaurant on Monday with sweet sauer kraut, and potato pancakes and pickled cucumbers in sour cream. Best thing on the menu, however, is Hungarian Goulash which is odd to see at a German Restaurant. Looks like you added some topping when serving. Mushrooms?
  • #7 by urnmor on 05 Oct 2022
  • Is that homemade spätzle with it? There was a little German place in Park Rapids, MN we used to visit multiple times every trip up there. The noodles were the best part of the meal, they served theirs with gravy on them.

No I no longer make it as it is easier to buy it.
  • #8 by urnmor on 05 Oct 2022
  • Traditional Jaeger Schnitzel has brown gravy, often with mushrooms. I am not a fan of German food in general, wienerschnitzel in particular because it is dry. But do like it with gravy as above. In fact we just had Jaeger Schnitzel at our local German restaurant on Monday with sweet sauer kraut, and potato pancakes and pickled cucumbers in sour cream. Best thing on the menu, however, is Hungarian Goulash which is odd to see at a German Restaurant. Looks like you added some topping when serving. Mushrooms?

I is the traditional mushroom sauce often served with Jagerschnitzel.  I just do not smoother the schnitzel in it.
  • #9 by Kristin Meredith on 06 Oct 2022
  • All I can say is yum, yum, yum!!  One of my favorites!!!  Looks outstanding.
  • #10 by Bentley on 06 Oct 2022
  • Are those chops or did you just use some loin?
  • #11 by urnmor on 06 Oct 2022
  • Are those chops or did you just use some loin?

pork loin
  • #12 by cookingjnj on 08 Oct 2022
  • Love it.
  • #13 by Phil0110 on 18 Oct 2022
  • Where is potato  ;D
  • #14 by urnmor on 18 Oct 2022
  • Where is potato  ;D

No potato spatzle instead
Pages:
Actions