Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sep 2022 Memphis Elite Smokes  (Read 789 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: 2022-09-17 Memphis Elite Smoke
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2022, 12:20:44 PM »

What do you do with the chicken?

My brother gave me a bag of nacho cheese so I am going to mix that with some chicken broth, add some cut up chicken, and attempt to replicate the Chili's enchilada soup.

My wife also has some other casserole type recipes.  One of them is mixing spaghetti, melted Velveeta, pimentos, peas, Rotel, and mushrooms.  There are some others with canned biscuits and some cream of mushroom and/or chicken soup.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
Re: 2022-09-17 Memphis Elite Smoke
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2022, 12:29:34 PM »

Heck! Why should I try to cook?  I'm coming to your house for dinner from now on!  Great work!   :clap: :clap:

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Sep 2022 Memphis Elite Smokes
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2022, 07:56:32 AM »

I changed the title on the original post as I am back at it again today smoking a bunch of things on the Elite.  My wife is going down to Memphis/Mississippi at end of October for her annual Thanksgiving trip and my stepdaughter wants some chicken breasts and pulled beef.  So those will be the first things on the smoker today.  I may also do some baby back ribs and possibly pork shoulder.  I also have some burgers, fillet mignons, and smoked sausage to either go on the Memphis or onto the Weber Genesis II.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2022, 07:58:55 AM »

8# of chuck roasts on the smoker at about 7:30am.  I plan to smoke until around noon at 275°.   I will then throw them in a pan, add beer, cover, and finish off in the oven.  Once they are ready to shred by fork, I will add mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers for about an hour and remove from the oven, cool, and freeze.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2022, 08:02:16 AM »

5# of chicken breasts that I would normally smoke after marinating in Lawry's Caribbean Jerk, but I was low on marinades in the pantry.  Probably because I have too many hot sauces and wing sauces in it.  So, I found one Jerk (2 breasts in it), one Hot Teriyaki (2 breasts in it), and I took the remnants of four bottles of salad dressings (3 breasts in it) that were in the fridge and mixed them together.  Going to let them soak in the marinades for about 4 hours and will turn every 1-2 hours.  I usually do about 12 hours so will see how well the shorter time works for absorbing the flavors.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 08:04:46 AM by Bar-B-Lew »

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2022, 11:03:38 AM »

Your Secret Service code name is Big Smoke.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2022, 12:25:49 PM »

Chuck roasts were smoked about 5 hours.  I didn't even check the IT of them.  Put them in the pan and poured in some leftover beers in the bottom of the fridge in the garage for liquid.  In the oven at 300° for probably 4-5 hours before they are ready to shred.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2022, 01:48:31 PM »

Smoked chicken breasts for about 75 minutes at 275°.  Bottom left Caribbean Jerk, bottom right Hot Teriyaki, top unrepeatable mixture of dressings.  I cut the breasts in half in an attempt to get more surface covered with the marinade.  I will probably never know how it worked as I think all of them are getting frozen and taken by my wife to her daughter in a few weeks.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2022, 01:50:42 PM »

Baby back ribs are now on at 275° and I have an alarm set to check them at the 3 hour mark.  Not sure what this rub is either as it was a half container of what I made last week and then I topped it off with some remnants of last week's rubs.  May try a rib or two tonight when they are finished.  I usually go heavy on the rub.  I pulled the membrane, but did not put rub on the bottom.  Not putting rub on the bottom is a first for me on baby backs.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2022, 02:55:32 PM »

You're definitely going to stock up your cooked meats freezer.

I just did a pork shoulder, chunks from a rib eye roast I had cut a while back, and a ham.
Have to do some chicken and brats next week end.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2022, 04:34:13 PM »

I assume you are freezing the ribs as well? If so, how do you prepare them for eating at a later date?

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2022, 11:50:00 AM »

I assume you are freezing the ribs as well? If so, how do you prepare them for eating at a later date?

Usually microwave, but sometimes cover in a pan in the oven at 250° for 30 minutes or so until warm enough to eat.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2022, 11:52:29 AM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2022, 11:52:51 AM »

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2022, 11:53:34 AM »

You're definitely going to stock up your cooked meats freezer.

I just did a pork shoulder, chunks from a rib eye roast I had cut a while back, and a ham.
Have to do some chicken and brats next week end.

Almost all of yesterdays cook is going to my step daughter when my wife drives down to Memphis next weekend.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up