Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by smokindad on 18 Sep 2022
  • Fellow Pellet Guys-

I've been lurking for years and finally have something to contribute.  I've been getting back into jerky-making with my Yoder YS640.  I was using what I considered traditional racks. However, I was always having to rotate them due to uneven air flow.  I purchased some new ones from Cabela's and I have to say I am quite impressed. They have foldable legs that stand 2" tall and allowed for great smoke circulation.  I was really impressed as the pieces smoked evenly with no rotation.  As an added bonus the Yoder's shape allowed me to fit six racks.   

Hope this helps someone.
  • #2 by Bentley on 18 Sep 2022
  • That is a nice set up.  Small enough to move easily and clean easily.  Can have many different configurations, I like it!
  • #3 by Brushpopper on 18 Sep 2022
  • I like the setup also.  I need to get busy and make some up for my daughter to take to college.  I could do a lot more with racks like that.
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Sep 2022
  • I've been using those racks for years on the MAK and sometimes on the Elite.  They work great, but I have found them to be a bit of a pain to clean since I use a liquid marinade most of the time.  I also put frog mats on top of the jerky racks so I can move them into the dehydrator right on the frog mats to put on the trays in the machine to finish them off the last 3 hours or so.  I think I have 8-9 racks.
Pages:
Actions