Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by urnmor on 18 Sep 2022
  • Before I reposted this I google it and what I read was not good.   Be careful out there as there seems to be a lot of scumbags out there.

A new evil being seen and done in our cities, even Houston Texas where it started.
    A napkin is placed in the external door latch of vehicles and is laced with a poison or type of drug that makes the body instantly get numb and incoherent. It’s used as a new method to rape, abduct, or steal a vehicle. If you find one on your vehicle DO NOT TOUCH IT, and it would be a good idea to notify law enforcement, and get away from your vehicle and go surround yourself with lots of people and in a public location, as at this point you are being watched and they may have a back up plan on how they will attack you!
    Beware this poison or drug could be on other things also such as things in your mailbox, a flyer on your door at home, money on the ground, things put on your car windshield like business cards or other places and someone is watching you to do you harm. Sad we live in a world like this with so much evil!
    But better to be safe then sorry! And lastly anyone that wants to come on this post and tell you otherwise I would really question who they are to you and if you don’t know them block them!
    This world we live in now is no longer room for stupid comments and joking about serious matters like this! Be careful of everyone! We don’t need to live in fear, it’s called having knowledge and being aware of your surroundings🙏
  • #2 by Canadian John on 18 Sep 2022

• WOW!
  • #3 by yorkdude on 19 Sep 2022
  • You are correct it is crazy. Thanks for the heads up.
  • #4 by 02ebz06 on 19 Sep 2022
  • I'm skeptical.
  • #5 by urnmor on 19 Sep 2022
  • I'm skeptical.

Like you I was to so I googled it.  Apparently it is real.  In any case one definitely needs to be aware of ones surrounding.
  • #6 by BigDave83 on 19 Sep 2022
  • I'm skeptical.

I am also, I had herd about  it through someone else on a Zoom meeting. They live in Houston and I searched but only found 1 person reporting it. Maybe I didn't search the correct words. Not a medical professional but I would thing for it to be absorbed in to the skin and you are out in no time it would have to be liquid. How would they keep it from drying out in the Houston heat?
  • #7 by Kristin Meredith on 19 Sep 2022
  • #8 by 02ebz06 on 20 Sep 2022
  • I'm skeptical.

I am also, I had herd about  it through someone else on a Zoom meeting. They live in Houston and I searched but only found 1 person reporting it. Maybe I didn't search the correct words. Not a medical professional but I would thing for it to be absorbed in to the skin and you are out in no time it would have to be liquid. How would they keep it from drying out in the Houston heat?

I googled it too, that is why I am skeptical.  Only one case, no hospital report of what the poison was.

"A Houston woman claimed in a widely publicized video"

She could be a person that wants to be in the spotlight or she was trying get some publicity for her business.

No real proof at this point.
  • #9 by okie smokie on 20 Sep 2022
  • Her symptoms sound like classical hyperventilation syndrome.  It occurs often and is often stimulated in people who become hysterical due to anxiety over episodes which may be real or imagined. Characterized by increased rapid respiration, tingling in extremities, fainting and feeling of shortness of breath (which makes them breathe faster). Often there is chest pain, tachycardia, feeling of impending doom. Best treatment is reassurance, mild sedative, and a controlled environment. Sometimes there is moderate elevation or even lowering of blood pressure as well. I think she stated that she is a germaphobe, and this may have been the trigger. I know of no poison that has the properties she described. If toxicology is negative, then the above is a best bet. But we should not decide anything until that issue is determined.
    Possible explanation for the napkin. Someone eating something outside (taco?). Does not want to throw napkin on ground and instead stuffs it in a car handle parked near the curb. Perhaps there is a video camera outside the taco shop or elsewhere that may have caught the act. Let's try to follow this to a conclusion if possible. Sounds like Snopes is checking it out thoroughly but I am not a strong believer is Snope's objectiveness in other matters.
  • #10 by Chokma on 20 Sep 2022
  • Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence
  • #11 by Fire708 on 20 Sep 2022
  • For anyone interested:

https://www.snopes.com/news/2022/08/23/napkin-drugged-in-car-door/

Good info. Although there are powders that can be absorbed I’ve never heard of anything that works as fast as claimed. To me this seems like an odd story turned into click bait and made to seem like a huge issue. We haven’t had any notices or watch outs at work.
  • #12 by Kristin Meredith on 20 Sep 2022
  • The one thing I know women should be very careful with is their drinks at bars or clubs.  Way too many have had drugs slipped in their drinks and then their attackers take them from the bar/club in a semi-conscious state and attack them.  So the message -- to be careful and vigilant in all circumstances -- is a good one for all of us.
  • #13 by Fire708 on 24 Sep 2022
  • The one thing I know women should be very careful with is their drinks at bars or clubs.  Way too many have had drugs slipped in their drinks and then their attackers take them from the bar/club in a semi-conscious state and attack them.  So the message -- to be careful and vigilant in all circumstances -- is a good one for all of us.

This is a well documented concern and it’s starting to affect men also. There are now several drink covers on the market to protect your drink. 
Pages:
Actions