Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > FEC/Cookshack

Pg 1000 igniter

(1/4) > >>

Larry67505:
I’ve gone through 4 igniters since the first of the year. Does anyone know of an igniter from a different source other than cookshack?

Bar-B-Lew:
Sounds like there is a problem other than the igniter.  Igniters typically last 3-5 years.  Have you called Cookshack to inquire into what else should be checked.

Canadian John:

Other than 4 bad igniters - highly unlikely, I feel something else is causing the problem.  Other than physically damaging the igniter, there is a chance it isn't being switched off or, it is being powered when it

shouldn't be. If physical damage isn't he cause, check  for power to the igniter using a 120 volt voltmeter. There should be power only @ start-up. Not sure what that time is on a Cookshack. Other pits igniter

on times  run from ~ 3 min up to ~ 8.

Some controllers also have an auto restart feature that energizes the igniter under certain conditions.  IE: low pit temps signifying a dying fire. :2cents:

Bar-B-Lew:
John, do you think it could be any of these issues - bad cord, bad outlet, bad extension cord, bad ground fault, etc.

Canadian John:

--- Quote from: Bar-B-Lew on September 24, 2022, 11:05:33 AM ---John, do you think it could be any of these issues - bad cord, bad outlet, bad extension cord, bad ground fault, etc.

--- End quote ---
  Lew:  Could be if there was an interruption in the power supply. A fraction of a second is all it takes. The controller, if so programmed would go into restart mode energizing the igniter.  This would have to be a

frequent occurrence to harm the igniter. It would be hard to not notice the power interruption, I would think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View