Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 02ebz06 on 25 Sep 2022
  • I created a new post and tried to add 5 pictures and it failed.
    Tried a second time, just added the text, and saved it.
    Went back and modified it, and added one picture successfully.
    Then got brave and tried to add the other four and it failed again.
    Not sure what the problem is.

• #2 by Bentley on 25 Sep 2022
  • Might be size of photo.
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 Sep 2022
  • I have that problem often.  For some reason, the board doesn't like some pictures regardless of size even if they are the only picture I try to post in the thread.
  • #4 by Hank D Thoreau on 28 Sep 2022
  • I encountered that problem a couple of days ago. It was the first time I saw it. I ended up posting one at a time. In a second post and placed the pictures vertically.

I tried both Edge and Chrome and had the same problem with both.
  • #5 by jdmessner on 07 Oct 2022
  • That also happened to me. However, I have a new phone and my assumption is that the photos are a different size than my other camera. Yesterday my wife changed a setting for my photos that should help with that. I have not taken any new photos yet to see if that helps.
  • #6 by 02ebz06 on 30 Oct 2022
  • Well. it has gotten worse.
    I can't make a post with even a single picture anymore, without getting the error above.

Then if I try to do the same post without a picture I get this:
    An Error Has Occurred!
    You already submitted this post! You might have accidentally double clicked or tried to refresh the page.

Nothing shows as being posted.

I have no problems on the Pizza Making forum and it uses the same software with same version of the software (SMF 2.0.15) that PelletFan uses.
    Have tried two different browsers.  Google Chrome being one of them.
  • #7 by Bentley on 30 Oct 2022
  • Unfortunately I have no idea how to help, other then to tell you to use a 3rd party link for photos.  Just don't have any IT help!  This is Chrome and straight from my computer to the site.  If you are using a phone, I really have no idea how to help as I have never posted a photo from my phone to this site!
  • #8 by 02ebz06 on 30 Oct 2022
  • I copy from phone to PC.  Then to forum.
  • #9 by Bentley on 30 Oct 2022
  • Size is the only thing I could tell you to check.  5000KB is the largest a single photo can be I believe.  I see the size of the one in the original post was 10.67kb...
  • #10 by 02ebz06 on 30 Oct 2022
  • The one I tried to post today was only 2134KB

EDIT: Trying something new. Will see if the picture I was trying to attach will work while doing a modify for a post.
    EDIT 2: Nope.
    EDIT 3: It posted after "saving" twice.
  • #11 by hughver on 31 Oct 2022

Me too. And make sure that they are JPEG format. I also resize my pictures using PAINT.
  • #12 by 02ebz06 on 31 Oct 2022

Me too. And make sure that they are JPEG format. I also resize my pictures using PAINT.

Can't see resizing being an issue because they post fine on another forum that has the same software and version of  the software.
    My phone is set for smallest size possible.
Pages:
Actions