Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Kristin Meredith on 02 Oct 2022
  • Mad scientist BBQ on you tube has a pretty good review on the camp chef woodwind. He does a Brisket on one and a Pitts & Spitts to compare.

Yeah, I saw that video.   It's part of the reason I am considering that model.

We also did a performance test of the Camp Chef Woodwind.  https://pelletfan.com/index.php?topic=493.0
  • #17 by 02ebz06 on 02 Oct 2022

• Got a link to yours?    As for the Madscientist, I do like his reviews but really just says it is good.   Where I am and I believe other that are looking for their next pellet grill is helping to figure out why pick a specific one over another.   

With some research and some input here, I came to the conclusion that there are some gains in the higher end.  Build quality and materials used improve.  I do also believe that USA build vs. China build does make a difference.  Honestly, it should not as they are just metal parts but it seems to matter.   Even my GMG has bigger gaps on one side of the lid than the other (fixed with some seals). 

Anyway, I will make the upgrade in the Spring so have some time to keep researching.

I  can testify to USA made being better.  Had a Memphis Pro, Memphis Elite (built-in) both USA made and never had a problem.
    When I move I bought another Memphis Elite built-in.
    I was shocked and xxxxxx when I saw MADE IN CHINA on the box.
    Got it all put together and fired it up. Nope, it was DOA. Took a couple weeks working with support to get the right parts.
    Also, I noticed inside the controller a capacitor was wired backwards.

I think metal was thinner in places (back panel in particular, as it would pop on occasion as it warmed up.
    The ramp the pellets slide down was changed from a continuous ramp to to pieces so the pellets had to fly over the ramp.
    Stupid idea just to save a few pennies, pellets would end up down in the ash tray.
    WIFI would quit working on occasion.

I plan on buying a new one in a month or to, maybe look for a Black Friday sale.  Definitely will be American Made.
Pages:
Actions