Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Which Pit Should I Choose?

Would like input on a new pellet smoker.

<< < (2/4) > >>

urnmor:
I have had my MAK 2 Stars for many years and it is still going strong.  The best customer service around

atlasx2001:

--- Quote from: Fire708 on September 29, 2022, 08:59:18 PM ---Mad scientist BBQ on you tube has a pretty good review on the camp chef woodwind. He does a Brisket on one and a Pitts & Spitts to compare.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I saw that video.   It's part of the reason I am considering that model.   

atlasx2001:

--- Quote from: 02ebz06 on September 29, 2022, 04:59:27 PM ---If you were happy with the GMG, why not just get another one ?

--- End quote ---
   I could stay with GMG but wanted to see what else is out there that would be better.   One feature of the Camp Chef is an easier clean out and pellet swap.  I also like the idea of smoke level but I know I would just leave it on high all the time as I like that flavor.

atlasx2001:

--- Quote from: okie smokie on September 29, 2022, 10:09:59 PM ---I am happy with the RT products and think that the 590, 700 or 1070 are good value for the money.  Currently have the 1070, all stainless, well built and has RT's reliable control. Also, the new WiFi is both 5.0 and 2.4 MHz and stays on wifi very well.  It also has a high temp of 700* which I have confirmed, so with GrillGrates to sear with, no direct flame is needed. In fact I sear very well with the temp set to 500*. Also, the best customer service I've seen. The 590 and 700 are also great machines for the money. Also, the best warranties IMO. Good luck to you.

--- End quote ---

Awesome.  Thanks for the review and details.  The GMG actually got pretty high...think 500 but I never really needed that.    RT is definitely something on my list.   

pmillen:
I think you’re choices and the the responses here have you on the right track.  I recently saw a Camp Chef (I think) video with a wood chip drawer that augments the smoke output.  I think it would be my choice if I were buying now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View