Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: American Royal- 2023?  (Read 318 times)

reubenray

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Bella Vista, Arkansas
American Royal- 2023?
« on: October 07, 2022, 07:51:08 AM »

I missed going to it this year, but I would like to go see it next year.  I have always wanted to see it and I now live about three hours away from KC.  Are there any tips on planning this trip?  Will I be able to see it in one day or not?
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
Re: American Royal- 2023?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 10:14:56 AM »

I’ve often thought of spectating the Royal since I live about four hours away but it’s never worked out.  Now, at 81, I’m officially handicapped and can’t manage the walking.

I’ve seriously been considering a hover board for recreation.  I wonder if that’s my solution, or is there too much tight pedestrian traffic?
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 11:26:31 AM »

Having only competed in it, I am not sure what it would be like to see it as a spectator.  When it was at the Old American Royal site, where Kemper Arena was.  It was fairly tight quarters.  Friday night used to be the huge party night, for teams, sponsors & the local and National business located in KC.  I have not followed it since 2015 when we last competed at Arrowhead stadium.  I think it moved to the raceway the next year.  Not even certain if that is where it is still held?   If you are just looking to walk around and see the exhibits, and check in with a few teams big and small and see how they do things, a full day should be plenty of time.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2022, 02:36:12 PM »

I’ve often thought of spectating the Royal since I live about four hours away but it’s never worked out.  Now, at 81, I’m officially handicapped and can’t manage the walking.

I’ve seriously been considering a hover board for recreation.  I wonder if that’s my solution, or is there too much tight pedestrian traffic?

Paul, I too am walking challenged, I solved my problem with this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09CQG8L2H?tag=amz-mkt-edg-us-20&ascsubtag=1ba00-01000-a0029-win10-other-nomod-us000-pcomp-feature-scomp-feature-scomp&ref=aa_scomp At Costco.com they were ~$1300.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 01:59:14 PM by Bentley »
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas
Pages: [1]   Go Up