Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 02ebz06 on 22 Oct 2022
  • Got a new pizza oven (from Italy) a few days ago prior to the new product being announced today.   :cool:
    Unfortunately, both stones were broken.    :'(
    Replacements should get here Wednesday.
  • #2 by hughver on 22 Oct 2022
  •  :'( :'( :'(
  • #3 by Canadian John on 23 Oct 2022

•  Mama Mia, that's nice! 
  • #4 by BigDave83 on 23 Oct 2022
  • That is a nice looking oven. It doesn't look to so it could be movable if needed. Is it wood, gas or combo?
  • #5 by 02ebz06 on 23 Oct 2022
  • It is gas only (propane) and fairly light without stones in.  Will be a bit heavier but still portable.
    Just wish it had a natural gas option as I have it where all my cooking gear will be.
    Of course, not really as portable then if you need natural gas.

They have another gas model that is very popular, but you can only make a 12" pizza in it easily, 14" is difficult.
    It looks like they took that model and stretched it sideways, which is what attracted me to it.
    It is 16" deep and 27" wide inside.
    Since the pizzas I make are 14", this leaves plenty of room for turning the pizza.
    The smaller model can cook a 14" pizza, but you need to pull the pizza out of the oven, turn it, and put it back in.
    A tight fit.
    This will be easier.
    Who knows, I may even get adventurous and branch out into making Neapolitan pizzas.
    You can fit two 12" pizzas in this oven.

I haven't done Neapolitan in the past because it took too long to get the wood fired oven up to Neapolitan temps (850f+). 5 hours or more.
    This will be a lot faster.
  • #6 by Bentley on 23 Oct 2022
  • Is that a tube on the left side of it?  Are the burners underneath it?
  • #7 by 02ebz06 on 23 Oct 2022
  • That's the burner.
  • #8 by Bentley on 23 Oct 2022
  • I see.  Is there jetted gas tubing it it?  That is an open end right?  I am assuming you have not used it yet, what is the max temp the Manufacture says it will get?
  • #9 by 02ebz06 on 23 Oct 2022
  • I think the tube "is" the burner. Picture below shows the openings in it.
    No, haven't used it yet.  Didn't want to put the broken stones in, and then just replace them is a few days.
    Replacement stones have cleared customs in Cincinnati, so might get here before scheduled Wednesday.
    I have to say, DHL International is faster than National deliveries by UPS and FEDEX.

Not sure what you meant with "open end at right".
  • #10 by Bentley on 23 Oct 2022
  • It just looks like the end of the tube is open.
  • #11 by 02ebz06 on 23 Oct 2022
  • No, it is closed.
  • #12 by BigDave83 on 23 Oct 2022
  • You could probably find you orifice and measure it, and probably find another one to drill out.

Here is a chart, I would measure the original come to the chart find the size on the left then go to the right side and see what BTU you are working with. Then find out what NG pressure you have and then come down to find the size you need to get you close.

https://ssl.ca/wp-content/themes/sinclair-supply/pdf/Gas-Orifice-Capacity-Chart.pdf
  • #13 by 02ebz06 on 25 Oct 2022
  • You could probably find you orifice and measure it, and probably find another one to drill out.

Here is a chart, I would measure the original come to the chart find the size on the left then go to the right side and see what BTU you are working with. Then find out what NG pressure you have and then come down to find the size you need to get you close.

https://ssl.ca/wp-content/themes/sinclair-supply/pdf/Gas-Orifice-Capacity-Chart.pdf

I know nothing about gas, so wouldn't even think of modifying it.
    Might consider getting a professional to do it, if they would even consider it.
    Don't know who I would even call, Plumber, HVAC, or...

Replacement stones came yesterday.  Shipped from Italy Friday, arrived in New Mexico Monday.  DHL dun good.
    Installed them today and fired it up.
    Flames seem a bit erratic, will need to play with it some more.
    Going to "attempt" making a pizza Saturday.

Flames on low.
  • #14 by elenis on 25 Oct 2022
  • I was looking and it appears that Pizza Party makes a conversion kit from the propane, butane, LPG, to natural gas for some of their other units so your best bet would potentially be to email them at info@pizzapartyshop.com. I imagine the big difference will be how the regulator needs to be set up to handle it.
  • #15 by 02ebz06 on 26 Oct 2022
  • Nope, Propane only.
Pages:
Actions