Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beef back ribs using the 3-2-1/2 method  (Read 267 times)

Hank D Thoreau

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Civil but disobedient
Beef back ribs using the 3-2-1/2 method
« on: November 23, 2022, 09:55:00 PM »

It has been non stop cooking the past few days, and none yet for Thanksgiving which we will celebrate on Sunday.

It started with an experiment with Turkey legs. After that, it was two pans of enchiladas and air fryer shredded smoked beef chuck taquitos with guacamole.

Finally, the subject of this post, smoked beef back ribs using the 3-2-1 method, which turned into the 3-2-1/2 method.

I found a nice package of meaty beef back ribs and decided that I would make them for my dinner.

They were seasoned with Montreal enhanced a bit by my wife. They were wrapped with a mixture that included apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and a few other spices that I cannot recall.

After the wrapped phase they were showing internal temperatures around 198 to 200. We coated them with Bullseye and cut the final phase in half, to 30 minutes.

I think they cooked faster because I was running a bit higher than my target 225.

The results were excellent. They came out moist and tender. This was my first time using this method after hearing about it for some time. I will definitely use this method for beef ribs in the future.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Hank D Thoreau

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Civil but disobedient
Re: Beef back ribs using the 3-2-1/2 method
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 10:26:56 PM »

Here are some shots of the other food cooked the past few days. This is not counting the smoked shredded beef chuck machaca and the Mediterranean artichoke omelet.

We are not sure what Thanksgiving will look like when we celebrate on Sunday. It will be a crazy mashup with a bbq'd turkey (if we can find one), fried rice on the griddle, and other items that I cannot recall.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 10:57:22 AM »

Will take a beef rib over a pork any day!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 10:59:02 AM »

Great lookin' grub!!!
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven
Pages: [1]   Go Up